Signs MM is dying…

aphonopelmapaloma

Arachnopeon
Hi I have a MM GBB that matured in March of this year. Outside of not wanting to eat, not drink water, what are some signs he’s close to the end of his life? He was very arboreal his entire life, but lately I have noticed he can’t seem to hold on to webbing or the sides of his enclosure properly-he just falls off now. I saw this with older jumping spiders before dying, but does this apply to tarantulas? Just want to prepare myself for this loss.

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
Generally, if you have a MM you would already need to prepare yourself for the death.

It can be various things that signals it's at its end. Some loose limbs, some become slower in movement, etc. I believe that if you already see him falling, you should change up his enclosure and give him something with less height to avoid injuries and quickening his death.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sometimes nothing changes until another molt is attempted and they often die- mine did

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It’s usually a slow progression, with time tables and symptoms varying in my experience. I’ve had some live for quite some time and other not so long with the progression and presentation different between them