sight question

wollywoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm like 20 question lady at the moment!!! Can tarantula's see vibrant colours? I know their sight is terrible but my Chilean rose always reacts when something bright blue goes near her tank. First it was a packet of crisps (chips) see was actually trying to attack it and now the lid of my slings vial. They are sharing a heat mat at the moment cause I'm poor!!!!! lol Not a problem really, just wondered. She hasn't left the side where the vial is since it's been there!!!

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No, they can not see colors. They are practically blind. The only thing the eyes can sense is if it's day or night. Light or dark. She might sense the bright lid under good light but she has no idea its blue.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Be careful putting a vial near a heat mat, the sling can't get away from it if it gets too hot! Is the room below 65F?

wollywoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it's sort of half on/half off cause my room gets very cold, its usually the heat mat side but i did move it over so it's a little cooler. aaah, light, thank you!! The heat mat keeps my rose's tank at about 70/75 so i think it should be ok yea?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
it's sort of half on/half off cause my room gets very cold, its usually the heat mat side but i did move it over so it's a little cooler. aaah, light, thank you!! The heat mat keeps my rose's tank at about 70/75 so i think it should be ok yea?
just make sure the sling viale is not on the heat mat. They have to way of getting away from the heat if it's too hot for them.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
I'm like 20 question lady at the moment!!! Can tarantula's see vibrant colours? I know their sight is terrible but my Chilean rose always reacts when something bright blue goes near her tank. First it was a packet of crisps (chips) see was actually trying to attack it and now the lid of my slings vial. They are sharing a heat mat at the moment cause I'm poor!!!!! lol Not a problem really, just wondered. She hasn't left the side where the vial is since it's been there!!!
It's not the colour that makes it react, instead I'm pretty sure it's the "near" part that gets the T's attention. They're so super sensitive to movement and airflow that it's freaky. The "blue" must be just a coincidence.