~Sigh~ Out of the hobby again

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Once again my job has reminded me that they practically own me and I'm off for another extended trip that will see me abroad for the better part of 2017 . So as I was finishing up foam lining the shipping box to send out the last of my collection it occurred to me that this will be a year with no Ts . I have been collecting and keeping Ts since the late 80's and I think this will be the longest break That I will have taken from the hobby . I'll be sure to pack a DVD of Eight Legged Freaks and Kingdom of the Spiders to hold me over . I guess the one positive is that this means I will buying a whole bunch of of new Ts when I get back . I suppose that every cloud does have a silver lining .

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry to hear your collection as gone man that sucks.
I hope you're still gonna pop on here now and then you still have valuable information that needs to be shared

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Hate that you had to give them up. It's good you were able to find homes for them all before you left.

Good luck.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
That last shipment will have a great home, I promise :D Reach out to me when you get back, we'll work something out to get you started up again.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Thats a bummer, however when you mentioned eight legged freaks i laughed because i use to watch that when i was little before bed.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
My friend just left for 6-9 months and I am watching all of her plants and she'll get them when she comes home. I wonder if someone could do that for your Ts while you are gone? I'm sure you thought if that and have reasons or didn't happen, and I realize that more people are willing to watch plants than Ts. But anyway hope your time without Ts goes quickly.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
You couldn't find a temporary home for them?
My friend just left for 6-9 months and I am watching all of her plants and she'll get them when she comes home. I wonder if someone could do that for your Ts while you are gone? I'm sure you thought if that and have reasons or didn't happen, and I realize that more people are willing to watch plants than Ts. But anyway hope your time without Ts goes quickly.
I find with Ts the best thing is to find someone who I know will provide the best care for them , and in this case I sold them to a member that I am confident will take good care of them . If I was only going for a month or so then I would just get a friend to play babysitter but nine to ten months is a little much to ask .

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
@BorisTheSpider that completely makes sense. That is a long time. I hope your work travel goes well and that you enjoy obtaining your new collection when you're back.
Ps- that sucks that your work sends you off for so long!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hang in there Boris, it's not forever. And please visit when abroad too.

Jaboyd2u

Arachnopeon
Oh man I hate that! I have been off the forum for WAY too long. Started a new hobby turned business that bombed for me luckily no fault of mine, we were raising bees and were wiped out by crop dusters spraying pesticides too close to us. Killed literally every bee hive we had, so I now have a little more time to spend with the community here. Looking forward to getting back acquainted with everyone again.