*Sigh* I think My Scorp I sick...

KiruSama

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Emperor Scorpion Isn't looking to good.
She was my first (Yeah I got him from a pet store too) I've had her for about 9 months. I Know she's an adult. she's was an adult when I got her.
I had to remove her old hide (A Half wood bark thing) 'Cause it looked like it started to mold. So I've got a smaller hide that's plastic in there. She can fit in it easily but won't go in it. She' won't burrow. And Now I'm starting to see weird white spots, Almost like her color is fading. Oh boy. I Kinda thinking It may be really old and be getting ready to die, but I'm not sure. She's eating but having a little trouble catching the food. She'll sit for days curled up in a corner, I know it's normal for them to do so, But she looks almost dead they way she does it.
What could it be?

Her Temperature is about 80F
I Don't trust the thing that measures my humidity, It says 100% but it's not that high. The ground is damp. She's on Eco-Earth, and Gets 2-3 crickets every week.
What could be wrong if anything is wrong in the first place.

Thanks

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Can you post a picture of your scorpion?

The white spots could be alot of things... poo comes to mind.

I had a scorpion refuse a plastic hide when I changed it out for the same reason (mould) try to boil and clean the wood hide and reintroduce it into the tank.

I hope the best for you, but 9 months is quit old for a store bought adult. It sounds as if you gave it a good set up.

:)

radicaldementia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Need some pictures to really see what's going on, could be mites, could be something else. If you see your scorp walking around or sitting with its tail laying flat, then it's on its last legs, otherwise there's still hope.

KiruSama

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know It's not poo, and I don't believe it mites either, but I really wouldn't know seeing as I've never had mites before. Do you think i should move it away from my other critters? (Tarantula and Gecko) It really just looks like her color is fading. She isn't dragging her tail around which is good. and I'll get some picture's up within the hour.
And I did boil the hide before i put it in there but I'll go ahead and do that again.

KiruSama

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well The pictures Kinda Blurring, I don't have that steady of a hand right now for some reason. You can see on her claws and on her body, It almost looks like dust.
The lighting really didn't mess with it that much. I hope this can help.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It looks like it could be a mould... did you try to rub it off with a wet cotton swab?

KiruSama

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No I haven't, She'll throw a Fit if I touch her with any thing, I'll try though.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
another out-of-the-box thought, do you have hard water, it may be mineral deposits. Again try to wipe it off with a wet swab.

KiruSama

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I put ReptiSafe (a Water Conditioner) in all the water i use in her tank. I've been using that the entire time I've had her.

And I'm attempting to wipe it off. She not too happy. :)

KiruSama

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well I've been able to wipe her down, and at first it look like it was coming off, But the second it dried there was no difference. Should I try to wipe it off daily or should it have come off the first time? I'm not being Impatient or any thing I just want to make sure I know what it is and if I can treat it.

And Thanks for all the help so far!

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Might be fungus. I cant see the picture because I'm at work but if thats the case I recomend a few hours in hot 85-90F temp on dry substrate.
-Eddy

KiruSama

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Might be fungus. I cant see the picture because I'm at work but if thats the case I recomend a few hours in hot 85-90F temp on dry substrate.
-Eddy
Alright I tried that, and nothing has changed. Wiping it of with a cotton swab didn't do anything either.....
Now what?

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm at home now and I don't see anything wrong with your scorpion. Some scorps get those weird shades for some reason.

RichardMorris

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
try this

wet a qtip in methylene blue (used in aquariums) and dab it on the affected areas.

RichardMorris

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
methylene blue

Go to PetsMart or any aquarium store. Look in the fish drugs isle. I think it;s sold as a cure for ick (spots fish can get)

It can be diluted on water if you are afraid to wet the q-tip. The only thing you dont want to do is get it in the scorpions respiratory syatem. using a q-tip you can't do that.

I have seen this posted for scorpion usage before. Seach the boards for it.