*Sigh*...... Here We Go Again 😔

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Well.....at work and had a little time to kill and found an ad for another T on 'C'list. I cannot provide a link as that breaks forum rules as it is for sale or trade.

I can provide photos from the ad and what the ad says but will not provide phone# listed.

T looks healthy but yup you guessed it wait until you see the enclosure. This is a juvenile L. parahybana. I copied and paste the text below from the ad.

Ad:
'Juvenile with complete setup 10 gallon tank. I just have too many of the species I have four already. Will trade for another tarantula that catches my interest. Or shoot me an offer'

Forgot to add that this one I don't have on my want list. I do not want to deal with it's urticating hair. I'm debating it though.

Attachments

Last edited:

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Well, not all Craiglists adds are bad. Some are very decent. Like the one I had.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Well, not all Craiglists adds are bad. Some are very decent. Like the one I had.

Oh yeah I completely agree with you. My last purchase was a 3 inch female A. chalcodes from a person off of CL. She knew how to take care of T's though.

This is the second ad I've come across recently with a ridiculous enclosure setup.

TarantulaMel

Arachnopeon
Oh yeah I completely agree with you. My last purchase was a 3 inch female A. chalcodes from a person off of CL. She knew how to take care of T's though.

This is the second ad I've come across recently with a ridiculous enclosure setup.
I agree, I've actually bought a bunch of T's from CL.Ive actually met a guy that I deal with on a regular basis.Ive bought 2 AF A.Chalcodes,3 A Chalcodes slings,A Iodious,A Hentzi ,A Gabeli,3 juvenile A Moderatum,1 AF A Moderatum,1 AF A Seemani.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well.....at work and had a little time to kill and found an ad for another T on 'C'list. I cannot provide a link as that breaks forum rules as it is for sale or trade.

I can provide photos from the ad and what the ad says but will not provide phone# listed.

T looks healthy but yup you guessed it wait until you see the enclosure. This is a juvenile L. parahybana. I copied and paste the text below from the ad.

Ad:
'Juvenile with complete setup 10 gallon tank. I just have too many of the species I have four already. Will trade for another tarantula that catches my interest. Or shoot me an offer'

Forgot to add that this one I don't have on my want list. I do not want to deal with it's urticating hair. I'm debating it though.
Urticating setae fun!

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
To be honest, while this enclosure needs a lot more substrate and a different lid, I've seen worse setups on CL.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
yes, I scored some nice Ts in well set up habitats for a great price, so they aren't all bad

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
To be honest, while this enclosure needs a lot more substrate and a different lid, I've seen worse setups on CL.
Yeah.....like the last CL ad I found. Here are the photos from that ad. They had an N. incei in it.

Attachments

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
It looks like a piece of quartz to me, which the sharp crystalline edges of which could pose an injury risk.

On the topic of spiders and potatoes, I'm pretty sure tarantulas have been observed to drink from fruits and vegetables made available to them, which is kinda interesting.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
It looks like a piece of quartz to me, which the sharp crystalline edges of which could pose an injury risk.

On the topic of spiders and potatoes, I'm pretty sure tarantulas have been observed to drink from fruits and vegetables made available to them, which is kinda interesting.
it does look like I Quartz Geode and I concur, fall damage. I also see the substrate is pretty chunky

sk063

Arachnopeon
Came across something similar today, the seller was asking double what you would find in a pet store for the same items. I encouraged them to look here for the sake of the T.

Scp682

Arachnoknight
Yes in the original post photo for the L. parahybana.
why is there a turtle shell in there . how was said shell obtained. was it sterilized im assuming not since the scales are still intact. this looks like a haven for all kinds of nasty. does the tarantula even like it can it even hide in it? This just bothers me

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
why is there a turtle shell in there . how was said shell obtained. was it sterilized im assuming not since the scales are still intact. this looks like a haven for all kinds of nasty. does the tarantula even like it can it even hide in it? This just bothers me
That was from the craigslist ad. It was likely found on the side of the road or a beach and thrown in the terrarium.