sick/paralyzed Mastigoproctus giganteus

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I kept two from my last brood. One died and it was my fault. Left it outside and it got too hot. I have this one CB left and had plans on seeing how many years it would live. It is practically paralyzed. I could see the tail near it's hole but noticed the vin wasn't moving day to day but could see it's tail slowly move. 'Something wrong' I thought. I dug it out. Sure enough, paralyzed and very thin. Was fat a few days earlier. Trembles like a spider stung by a pepsid wasp. That is just what it seems. Seems like it was stung by something. I've kept tarantulas alive that I took from pepsid wasps as they were crossing the road. I would turn the tarantulas over and put water on the mouth parts. The drops of water disappear. They can still drink. As long as they stay hydrated, they will usually survive the sting. So this is how I've been watering this little vin (first pic). Been tipping the top to keep the abdomen out of water so it can breath. I leave it there for about an hour or two every day. Then I put the vin on a paper towel. I know it may appear that it is pre-molt but this is not the case. These get real fat pre-molt and it had plenty of moisture. It has fattened up as you can see in the pic. Looks like it is slowly recovering. It's starting to move it's legs again but they are still folded underneath. I will be amazed if it makes it. I've been doing this for this vin for six days now. It's muscles were locked up so bad I thought it had been dead for at least a couple of days but I could barely see some movement....... It is two years old and has a whole life ahead of it! Tune in next time!

Last edited: