sick ivory?

maggiedonut

Arachnosquire
she’s been laying in this corner all day even put some banana to entice her but she hasn’t budged. she’s has her head and a few segments in the dirt. has anyone come across this? should i move her to a smaller enclosure alone to observe her some more or leave her be?

Attachments

Catherine31

Arachnosquire
Could she possibly be sleeping? Or is this unusual behavior for her? My ivory will sometimes just lay there with her head in the substrate and sleep. Hope she is okay!

SFA

Arachnoknight
Always best to leave her be. But I agree with Catherine, she could just be sleeping!

Catherine31

Arachnosquire
Hopefully that was it. My ivory and Smokey Oak that I recently saved from bad living conditions will both just kind of stick their heads in the substrate for periods of time. I was worried at first, but I guess it is just their thing. My ivory will also just kind of lay on her side for a long while- then get up and travel all around the enclosure. I really think they all have their own personalities. Could be my wishful thinking though.

Attachments

maggiedonut

Arachnosquire
mine came back up and is a lot slower than normal and stays in the same spot for hours which i’ve never seen her do before but she hasn’t molted since i got her only a month ago so i’m keeping my hopes up that it’s just time for her to shed