Sicarius

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok you say all this yet your not in my situation, none of you woud handle it how you say I should. I see no proof of anything you said. So I guys you guys can hope your not right because say good bye to your hobby and your inverts if I get bit.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ok you say all this yet your not in my situation, none of you woud handle it how you say I should. I see no proof of anything you said. So I guys you guys can hope your not right because say good bye to your hobby and your inverts if I get bit.

That's it '91. Go ahead and just continue to provoke the people who are most able to help you. Don't even try to actually EARN any respect here. :wall: These guys will answer ANY question you have about your new, deadly pet. I can't help but notice you haven't asked any. Do you really know absolutely everything there is to know about keeping Sicarius? You sure about that?

Now is a perfect oppurtunity to demonstrate how responsible you are with your dangerous inverts but instead you choose to provoke and annoy. Great idea. Keep it up, i'm sure it will pay off later in life.

Wouldn't you rather prove everybody wrong by growing up just the slightest little bit and saying something like "Any suggestions for a new Sicarius keeper?"

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
Are you friggin seriuos:wall: :wall: :wall: Do you understand more than one official is reading your totally ignorant posts....Everybody here was offering some SOUND advise. There are people that have kids and my friend ...you I hope never do....any children you have I see as backyard brawling rabbit eating sicarius kissing idiots.
You my friend need to have your house raided as you are highly irresponsible and someone, due to your 'chip on the shoulder ignorance' will pay the price.
Ohhh and another thing...did you know ANY scorpion can crawl up the silicone corners of a tank, yes they can I have seen it.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Gee whiz....im wondering if there are ANY threads involving cjm1991 that are not argumentative, criminey.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cjm1991,

I want to help you. You need to understand the perspective of the hobbyists posting to check up on you. You seem to be reacting negatively to them out of a misunderstanding of what we mean by posting as we have been. A few hints that might help:

--It's not about YOU. It's about the hobby. We are, of necessity, are trying to keep these animals to a small community of the mature. All we want from you is to SEE that you are one of those few hobbyists who are fully aware of their responsibility and the consequences, who have the commitment to mature, no-frills no-spills keeping, and who demonstrate their maturity and competency by interacting with us on this forum, so we can see what kind of a person you are.

--You are not proving yourself to be very mature in your dealing with advice, as you take the defensive, instead of willingly accepting the correction and admonition that keeps us ALL, even the very best, AT their best, and at the level of acute attention to caution that we need to keep foremost, to keep this hobby, and our liberty of keeping highly venomous inverts going strong.

--We are worried that, because you are reactive, you have gotten something for which you are / were not prepared, judging by the petulent, and therefore, immature attitude you are displaying. The wise accept correction, because it makes them wiser. The competent accept advice, because their only interest is in being better, NOT in keeping face, having a 'tude, or being macho or having a reputation. Reputation is EARNED not demanded.

--We don't know you. We are learning about you HERE. Show us how responsible and adept to learning you are, by taking advice. Participate in the process we have here: discuss you keeping methods, show us your setup. We're NOT trying to be your parents, we are trying to be your peers. TREAT US AS SUCH, if you expect our respect.

Everybody gets "checked" in this hobby. Expect it. The difference is in how respond to that kind of questioning here: will you bite back at us, and reject instruction. Or will you show us your maturity by accepting the interest we have in your safety and that of our hobby, and just cooperate? There's no shame in letting someone teach you! The shame is on those who THINK they know it all, because we ALL know we don't!

Wise up, and respect will follow.

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
Cjm1991,

I want to help you. You need to understand the perspective of the hobbyists posting to check up on you. You seem to be reacting negatively to them out of a misunderstanding of what we mean by posting as we have been. A few hints that might help:

--It's not about YOU. It's about the hobby. We are, of necessity, are trying to keep these animals to a small community of the mature. All we want from you is to SEE that you are one of those few hobbyists who are fully aware of their responsibility and the consequences, who have the commitment to mature, no-frills no-spills keeping, and who demonstrate their maturity and competency by interacting with us on this forum, so we can see what kind of a person you are.

--You are not proving yourself to be very mature in your dealing with advice, as you take the defensive, instead of willingly accepting the correction and admonition that keeps us ALL, even the very best, AT their best, and at the level of acute attention to caution that we need to keep foremost, to keep this hobby, and our liberty of keeping highly venomous inverts going strong.

--We are worried that, because you are reactive, you have gotten something for which you are / were not prepared, judging by the petulent, and therefore, immature attitude you are displaying. The wise accept correction, because it makes them wiser. The competent accept advice, because their only interest is in being better, NOT in keeping face, having a 'tude, or being macho or having a reputation. Reputation is EARNED not demanded.

--We don't know you. We are learning about you HERE. Show us how responsible and adept to learning you are, by taking advice. Participate in the process we have here: discuss you keeping methods, show us your setup. We're NOT trying to be your parents, we are trying to be your peers. TREAT US AS SUCH, if you expect our respect.

Everybody gets "checked" in this hobby. Expect it. The difference is in how respond to that kind of questioning here: will you bite back at us, and reject instruction. Or will you show us your maturity by accepting the interest we have in your safety and that of our hobby, and just cooperate? There's no shame in letting someone teach you! The shame is on those who THINK they know it all, because we ALL know we don't!

Wise up, and respect will follow.
He is totally right , I can say my apologies for getting a 'bit' rude:eek: and I do. Help is here no more chest thumping

Heh heh Venom is from Michigan

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alright I completely agree with what your saying Venom. Thank you for the advice, ill try my best to take in as much knowledge as possible.

-CJM-

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't know why you guys are getting so worked up about this. God created the creatures of this planet to get killed by smarter more evolved creatures. In this case the Sicarius is the hunter and Cjm is the prey. Am I right? or what? ;) You have a good day mate
-Eddy

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
1991, why are you here? To look cool or be cool? ...cause right now you're pulling off neither.
why did you post pictures of yourself handling a Sicarius species?to look cool or be cool?did you do it for the thrill?
imo that is a rather stupid idea handling this species considering you know how dangerous they really are!i dunno how you think that makes YOU look.
the reality is guys whether u like it or not people are going to keep these species as long as there available to the public.the same gos for even more dangerous animals like cobras and other deadly snakes.people need to be educated about keeping these and i think some of you are going the wrong way about it!my advice cmj1991 is do your research and treat them with the repect they deserve ;]
-Chris

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
why did you post pictures of yourself handling a Sicarius species?to look cool or be cool?did you do it for the thrill?
imo that is a rather stupid idea handling this species considering you know how dangerous they really are!i dunno how you think that makes YOU look.
the reality is guys whether u like it or not people are going to keep these species as long as there available to the public.the same gos for even more dangerous animals like cobras and other deadly snakes.people need to be educated about keeping these and i think some of you are going the wrong way about it!my advice cmj1991 is do your research and treat them with the repect they deserve ;]
-Chris
Thanks I have been all night lol. And me keeping them is NOTHING near handling them... thats about the dumbest thing you could do. I would never put a finger inside (2 feet from the spider) the cage. If one of them is gravid and has a sac im going to freeze it and dispose of it. I realise the dangers of the species and im no where near experienced enough to handle sicarius sacs.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Methinks your nowhere near experianced for one period. You talk so much about how you breed LQ but you just got them on July. After seeing a sicarius in action and breeding lq's for years I can say that those are two completly differnt worlds.

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ahhh! :worship: I was wonderin when someone would bring this up. (and who! :evil: ...:D )

considering you know how dangerous they really are!
I dont know how dangerous they are ...do you? Their rep as the "worlds most daaaannngerouuus spider!" keeps growing and the hobby and these forums is the #1 cause of this. So while you're dwelling on the majority of the buzz, I gotta wonder if my little contribution to the noise had at least made you rethink things just a little. Or would you rather I(and others) not show such things?

...ahh screw it, I cant explain it ...wifes psd off cause its late and I havent dealt with supper. Im starved and dirty and hardly capable of explaining such things without looking like an arrogant arse. ...Its more like Im on my own little quest for some ounce of truth ...and some thrill, and I suppose a bit of "dudes! look at THIS freaky shat!". Thing is, most of the stuff im watching or experiencing just aint gonna get caught on "film" cause I just dont have the willpower or attention span to deal with everything AND a camera.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You talk so much about how you breed LQ but you just got them on July. QUOTE]

I have had LQ's before, I own 4 right now. I have friends in the hobby that live within 5 miles that I have breeding projects with.. how is that so unbelieveable? Time will tell if im ready I guess. Ill have my camera tomorrow and Ill show you all what im keeping them in and maybe you will think differently but if not what can I really say?

spiders4life

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Why say anything at all?? You promised to vise up, and all you are writing is attacks on people, and playing a smartass.
Peoples reaction towards you, might have something to do with that.
And if you dont change, nobody will answer your posts, or even open them to see what you have to say. Dont you realize that by the way you are insulting people, and playing MR. Know it all, you are destroying all your possibilities to get help on this board:?

What are you trying to prove?? It seems to me you are just a scared little kid, who trys to compensate that fact, by keeping poisonous animals, and saying your hobby are backyard fights :rolleyes:

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think what venom said is in cjm1991's head forever, and cjm1991 responded well to it. I think everybody should back off, mellow out and let this thread drift off, jmo.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why say anything at all?? You promised to vise up, and all you are writing is attacks on people, and playing a smartass.
Peoples reaction towards you, might have something to do with that.
And if you dont change, nobody will answer your posts, or even open them to see what you have to say. Dont you realize that by the way you are insulting people, and playing MR. Know it all, you are destroying all your possibilities to get help on this board:?

What are you trying to prove?? It seems to me you are just a scared little kid, who trys to compensate that fact, by keeping poisonous animals, and saying your hobby are backyard fights :rolleyes:
Wow who the hell are you? Have you ever meet, seen, or talked to me? Back off my case this thread was over and you brought it back up, starting an arguement. Theres absolutely nothing useful in your post.

spiders4life

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am a user of this public forum who finds your way of acting like an idiot irriatating, and your way of writing your answer dosnt help:clap:
Wether i have talked to you, seen you in person dosnt matter, since i am a user of this forum, and if you are acting the way you do, on a net site, pople will get an opinion about you, and now i told you mine.

See it as a source of inspiration to change your infertile way of writing, instead of flying thru the roof, and acting lilke i am forbidden to have an opinion. :rolleyes:

After venom wrote to you how you shuould try to get your act together, you indirectlu caled Buthus stoopid by saying:

"thats about the dumbest thing you could do" when talking about handeling Siccarius

Getting all defencive by saying:
"I have had LQ's before, I own 4 right now. I have friends in the hobby that live within 5 miles that I have breeding projects with.. how is that so unbelieveable."

And actually asked peoles opinion by saying:
"what can I really say?"

And gettig rude (again) when i told you, that you should´nt say anything.

But blah youll newer change your ways, and ill just ignore you in the future;)

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
After venom wrote to you how you shuould try to get your act together, you indirectlu caled Buthus stoopid by saying:

Learn how to type please, it makes you look better if you can actually spell.

"thats about the dumbest thing you could do" when talking about handeling Siccarius

That is like playing russian roulette, so if you think thats a good idea... you have issues.

But blah youll newer change your ways, and ill just ignore you in the future;)

Please do ignore me your already on my list.

Anyone have any further input or opinions on the sicarius?

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i do

i do bro.
good luck with a sac...
and if you get it don't freeze it send it to me.
i would hatch it out happily
andy

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
sacs are rather a different story with these guys than other spiders...They usually hang them upside down and incorporate a lotta sand in the production. After that it looks like a round graduation cap hanging...well stuck to the wood or ledge