Sicarius Thomisoides

basin79

ArachnoGod
Interesting. For me from i2-i4 they will seemingly ignoring prey that is larger than the spider. I expect with spider this venomous it will not be so, for example on Phoneutria at i4 they will go for an adult lateralis! If u have different result maybe it's prey type. I have use mainly some roach types but might they are preferring cricket
Very possible.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Edit may as well just link the vids.

Skip to 2:48

Watch the first bit

Aye. There all on YouTube. Just search Sicarius thomisoides Basin79, Sicarius slings Basin79, 6 eyed sand spiders Basin79.
Great videos !! Thanks for sharing... I'll be sure to check out your other videos as well

basin79

ArachnoGod
I ended up watching quite a few of your Youtube videos... really enjoyed it ! :)

What happened to the 1 Sicarius leg ? How did that happen during a molt ?
Yes indeed. Lost it during a moult.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Did it end up growing back or will it grow back ?
Now this I'm unsure on. There's a keeper on Instagram and they had a sling lose a leg during a moult and it never grew back. So I'm unsure if something got badly damaged with their spider or Sicarius sp don't regrow legs. I must admit it would be strange if they didn't considering spiders do.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Now this I'm unsure on. There's a keeper on Instagram and they had a sling lose a leg during a moult and it never grew back. So I'm unsure if something got badly damaged with their spider or Sicarius sp don't regrow legs. I must admit it would be strange if they didn't considering spiders do.
That's what I thought too... well I hope the leg grows back

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Maybe it lost the leg on the terminal molt?

basin79

ArachnoGod
Maybe it lost the leg on the terminal molt?
Nope was a sling. I found it really odd but he's definitely not a "make things up" sort of bloke. I suppose I'll have to see.

I will type though I've had this happen twice. Had an adult moult and loose a leg. Then moulted again a couple of weeks later and became a MM and now one of my slings/young juveniles as. Moulted, lost a leg then moulted again a couple of weeks later.

basin79

ArachnoGod
It makes you wonder if it's due to their extremely dry conditions... but it doesn't seem to affect their hunting skills, which is good
I'll find it extremely odd if their don't regenerate legs as whilst losing 1 or 2 wouldn't be a problem over their long lives they could lose another 2 or 3. Then they're knackered.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
I'll find it extremely odd if their don't regenerate legs as whilst losing 1 or 2 wouldn't be a problem over their long lives they could lose another 2 or 3. Then they're knackered.
True... and if they lose another 2 or 3, that would not be good

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Interesting. For me from i2-i4 they will seemingly ignoring prey that is larger than the spider. I expect with spider this venomous it will not be so, for example on Phoneutria at i4 they will go for an adult lateralis! If u have different result maybe it's prey type. I have use mainly some roach types but might they are preferring cricket
Just realized that you mentioned the Phoneutria here... You have these too ?? :rofl:

ignithium

Arachnoknight
Just realized that you mentioned the Phoneutria here... You have these too ?? :rofl:
Yes, I have a few pictures at my website strelokov.ru ...... one of my favourite spider for sure, the only ones that im truly intimidated by. I dont know how hard it is to find in North America, but definitely I highly recommend this spider! They are very hard to keep alive as slings though, for some reason!

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Yes, I have a few pictures at my website strelokov.ru ...... one of my favourite spider for sure, the only ones that im truly intimidated by. I dont know how hard it is to find in North America, but definitely I highly recommend this spider! They are very hard to keep alive as slings though, for some reason!
Unfortunately, they are very difficult to find where I am... :(