Sicarius terrosus

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi!

Here are afew pics of one of my latest purchases, one of two adult female Sicarius terrosus!

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Beautiful spider! Are you planning on not allowing her to burrow?

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Each time I see these guys my interest grows and grows! Really, really cool looking critters!

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
man i wonder on the chances those spiders being availible in the US........proberly not good.those are very interesting.

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are very common over here in Europe in the hobby. And Im glad for that, since they are very cool and interesting spiders!

I didnt see my 2nd female yesterday at all. But when I looked at them before I went to bed she was out in the open. Very good to hide under the sand! :)

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
How hot are these compared to Latrodectus? What's there temperment like? They look amazing and I'm interested in keeping them.

Edit: Never mind..did some research. I wouldn't keep these. Pretty to look at though

Last edited:

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Their venom is similar to Loxosceles. But it may be more toxic than the Loxosceles venom.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Their venom is similar to Loxosceles. But it may be more toxic than the Loxosceles venom.
These guys have venom which is similar in effect to loxosceles, but many times more potent. From what I've read, a bite from these guys would be very likely to kill you.

They're also somewhat docile, researchers have accidentally picked them up by hand when working in the feild.

Still not something I'll be keeping anytime soon, though.