Sicarius terrosus

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I bought 4 of them and are raising them happily =)

I'd love to add pics but I have no good cam to do it.

They are fast, but very nice in temper.

tarantulasperu

Arachnopeon
Thomas Vinmann has/had the African flavor of these available. I have been tempted ...they look cool and if I remember correctly, like many Sicariidaes they live a long time compared to most true spiders.
But they need to be treated with the respect...

Sicarius hahnii
Definately would be a great addition to the hobby on this side of the pond.

Edit: I was wrong... Vinmann has Sicarius terrosus on his list. (Chile, Argentina, Peru)
yes these spiders are very reluctant to bite usually the younger specimens are more prone to bite. i had handle this species before and even crush them slightly and they still wont bite but when they do bite you you are in a whole lot of trouble there is no cure for their venom.

tarantulasperu

Arachnopeon
@ Improver
That's intersting, when i am watching older pictures of my Sicarius (from the time when i got them) they where brown. So they really seems to adapt their coloration to the surroundings. I would like to see a picture of your yellow ones. :)

@ buthus / CopperInMyVeins
Of course they have to be treated with caution, because I think no one can tell me how potent the venom of S.terrosus is. And i don't want to find it out.
Sorry, but most of the slings will go to a friend. So i am not able to sell some of them to others.
Ask Thomas Vinmann or Dirk Reimann.
http://www.vinmann.de/
http://www.beepworld.de/members99/dirk_reimann/
their venom is necrotic and alot more powerful at necrosis than the brown recluse spider its said its the spider with the most powerful necrosis the cool thing is they are extremely reluctant to bite.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just posted a thread about these lol,.. guess I didnt look far enough down the page and I would have fond this. Oh well nice spiders, Im getting a couple within a few days.

SandyMuffinCakes94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was wondering if there is any other spider like these that bury themselves like that that you wouldnt need to keep a extra eye , care, etc. to ? there so cute when they bury.