Sicarius terrosus

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Stunning spider and photo's, i would zip up your flame suit if i were you though :)

VinceG

Arachnobaron
Awesome spider and picures!:clap:
Really impressive to see them burrow under the sand!

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Stunning spider and photo's, i would zip up your flame suit if i were you though :)
ROFL! Well said.

Honestly...these handling pictures are pointless. Nobody needs to be told how calm and non-defensive these spiders are. That's not the point. The point is...despite how docile they may be...they're still HEINOUSLY TOXIC. You can't rely on them not biting, even if 9/10 times you're right.

Edit: Aside from the handling issue....your pictures are fantastic--publication quality! Thanks for sharing those.

Last edited:

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
Honestly...these handling pictures are pointless. Nobody needs to be told how calm and non-defensive these spiders are. That's not the point. The point is...despite how docile they may be...they're still HEINOUSLY TOXIC. You can't rely on them not biting, even if 9/10 times you're right.
Couldn't agree with you more. Great pics though.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wicked looking spider, it's looks just exude "danger"

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As far as handling goes, to each their own.

As far as photography goes... I feel like I learned a great deal about this animal just by looking at the pictures. Thank you for sharing :)

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
To each its own, but the more hospital visits for this sort of stupidity, the higer the chances for the gov to close down the whole party and the only spider youll see will be in the books.

So yes, go ahead and handle hots.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
To each its own, but the more hospital visits for this sort of stupidity, the higer the chances for the gov to close down the whole party and the only spider youll see will be in the books.

So yes, go ahead and handle hots.
His username is taliban and he's not even in the States to begin with, so who cares? ;)

In all seriousness though:

Edit: Aside from the handling issue....your pictures are fantastic--publication quality! Thanks for sharing those.
That pretty much covers my thoughts. Well said, Venom.

elvasco

Arachnopeon
I smell a troll trying to get a rise. Last two pics, last one in particular looks brutally shooped.

Sebastian S.

Arachnopeon
I smell a troll trying to get a rise. Last two pics, last one in particular looks brutally shooped.
; )

I can assure you that the pictures are real , see other photos taken by taliban.

Great photos talip ; )

Cheers,

Sebastian_S

taliban27

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I shared those photos with you just to admire the beauty of that spider not to discuss about handing....

thank you for positive comments:D

greetings from Poland:}

; )Great photos talip ; )
thanks, buddy:)

Last edited:

elvasco

Arachnopeon
; )

I can assure you that the pictures are real , see other photos taken by taliban.

Great photos talip ; )

Cheers,

Sebastian_S
I stand by my original opinion; a good shoop but still a shoop.

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I dont see the need to photoshop it, if your already handling it. All you have to do is hold your hand up towards the camera with your face behind it :/

smashtoad

Arachnopeon
But as someone else said, this type of activity does nothing but endanger the hobby for everyone. He is in another country, though, so....I don't know...it's just weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

smashtoad

Arachnopeon
This is driving me nuts.

It looks "brutally shopped" because of something photographers call Depth of Field. There is nothing in the last shot that looks edited at all. The camera is focusing on something small in the foreground, which forces a very short depth of field. If it was shopped, maybe he would have tried to get the skin of his arm and his face closer in color and tone?

In any event, the first photos are great shots of an amazing spider. They showed us the beauty of the animal just fine. Handling an animal like this is nothing more than a serious danger to our hobby. Glad you're in Poland.