Sicarius Terrosus shipping

Darkchrist31

Arachnosquire
Dear all, its me again.
Would like to get some six eyed sand spider from overseas. Since they can go a long time without food and water, does this mean they'll do fine in a 12 days shipping trip? (temperature 15-30 degrees Celsius)
Any advice or experience sharing would be highly appreciated 🙏

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
Dear all, its me again.
Would like to get some six eyed sand spider from overseas. Since they can go a long time without food and water, does this mean they'll do fine in a 12 days shipping trip? (temperature 15-30 degrees Celsius)
Any advice or experience sharing would be highly appreciated 🙏
Yes, they can certainly go for that long without food, and they will survive in that temperature range. It really comes down to them being packed properly, and how certain you can be that the temperatures will really stay in that range.
Good luck!

Last edited:

Darkchrist31

Arachnosquire
Yes, they can certainly go for that long without food, and they will survive in that temperature range. It really comes down to them being packed properly, an how certain you can be that the temperatures will really stay in that range.
Good luck!
Thanks for sharing!

Darkchrist31

Arachnosquire
Dear all, my 2 sicarius slings are shipped in this state. (The box is very big tho as I've purchased 2 30x30x30cm enclosure) (They're packed together in 1 box with the slings) (I'm afraid that it's airtight packaging?) If there's no ventilation, will there be enough air inside for 7-10 days? Or is air still be able to enter the package?
Screenshot_20211026_203358.jpg

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
@Darkchrist31 Considering this is the second post asking if a spider shipped from overseas will be safe after being in transit for about 2 weeks with delays, my advice would be to stop ordering spiders from a different country. It isn't worth the risk to the spiders' health and the worry you are causing yourself.

Last edited:

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Dear all, my 2 sicarius slings are shipped in this state. (The box is very big tho as I've purchased 2 30x30x30cm enclosure) (They're packed together in 1 box with the slings) (I'm afraid that it's airtight packaging?) If there's no ventilation, will there be enough air inside for 7-10 days? Or is air still be able to enter the package?
View attachment 402501
I feel like we just went over the fact that spiders use incredibly little air. Wasn't that your thread as well?

Darkchrist31

Arachnosquire
@Darkchrist31 Considering this is the second post asking if a spider shipped from overseas will be safe after being in transit for about 2 weeks with delays, my advice would be to stop ordering spiders from a different country. It isn't worth the risk to the spiders' health and the worry you are causing yourself.
Its my first time ordering from overseas, so I might appear unusually worried. Another thing is its almost impossible to get the mentioned species locally. There's extremely few that have them here and even if they have, most of them are not selling them. Getting them overseas is the only way for me to get them. Sorry for the the fuss everyone 🙏