Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Some pictures of my Sicarius terrosus :
adult female

Sicarius Terrosus cocon :

Blaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is for sure an awesome spider! Had an opportunity to buy some, but I was afraid of the venom. Tell me, is she agressive?
Regards, Blaster.

Dennis1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi

The spider is not aggresive , just a little bit nervous .
She is running fast , but she can not climp on glas or other things like that .
Yes , the venom is really strong . Bit the venom of species from south amerika is less dangerous than species from africa .

But it is worth keeping them . They are really interesting and easy to keep .

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice female :),
Can I ask what temperatures were when she produced the cocoon?
and if you know when she was mated?

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Whats up with the venom does it just hurt really bad or does it cause damage of some type?

Dennis1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here a picture of the new enclosure :

>is that the same as a six eyed sand spider?

Yes , Sicarius is a six eyed sand spider

>Nice female

Thanks

>Can I ask what temperatures were when she produced the cocoon?

I think ~30°C .

>Whats up with the venom does it just hurt really bad or does it cause damage of some type?

The venom is highly dangrous . The venom of species from african killed people . Sicarius hanii is called the most venmous spider ...
But I dont think the venom of the south american Sicarius is so highly toxic as the venom of african species .
The bitten crickets ( from Sicarius terrosus ) need a long time to die ...
But south american species are really venmous and dangerous .
Everytime take care while handling them !

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just thought it would be good to add that the venom is very necrotic, kills flesh basically, much like loxosceles another member of sicariidae.

Dennis1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just thought it would be good to add that the venom is very necrotic, kills flesh basically, much like loxosceles another member of sicariidae.

Yes , and there is NOT a Antivenom for Sicarius species !
Th venom of Sicarius is much more dangerous than Loxosceles .

Marcel_h

Arachnopeon
They look nice but i'm aint gonna take the risk keeping them. Good luck with them and dont get bitten(sorry had to say that;))

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
nice enclousure pics
>marcel i agree with you im afraid to get bite even by my p.audax

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The bitten crickets ( from Sicarius terrosus ) need a long time to die..
Well the physiology of a cricket is so different from our physiology, that this is basically irrelevant.

Nice spider though! Good luck with the babies...

WildlifeWarrior

Arachnopeon
isn't a Sicarius terrosus commonly called a cave spider, S.hahni six eyed sand spider?? just wondering for identification purpose
oh, and what prices r on S. terrosus?

Last edited:

hauser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
does any1 know anything more about S. hahni from experience
i keep and breed Sicarius cf. hahni. i bought some wc spiderlings direct from namibia. they were sold to me as S.hahni, but i haven't found an identification key yet, to be shure. unfortunately, there's not much information around about S.hahni.
my Sicarius cf. hahni pics

Last edited:

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice spider :) Sicarius are very interesting spiders. i watched a video on Youtube where one buried itself, which was pretty cool.

but of course, i'd never be able to get such a dangerous pet until i move out....assuming i could even find one in the US :D

burmish101

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
S. terrosus have been imported into the u.s. im not aware of anyone here actually breeding or getting successful sacs from yet, or they didnt post about it. I've read of 3 bite reports 2 died and the third had his left arm completely rot off but I havent found an article about it. Very interesting species, youtube videos are fun to watch.

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
S. terrosus have been imported into the u.s. im not aware of anyone here actually breeding or getting successful sacs from yet, or they didnt post about it. I've read of 3 bite reports 2 died and the third had his left arm completely rot off but I havent found an article about it. Very interesting species, youtube videos are fun to watch.
Supposedly Frank Somma had a sac produced by a female he bred with a male from the same import.

But... the spiders imported from Chile are a Sicarius sp. I dont think anyone has actually spent the time to key them out for sure yet.

WildlifeWarrior

Arachnopeon
i keep and breed Sicarius cf. hahni. i bought some wc spiderlings direct from namibia. they were sold to me as S.hahni, but i haven't found an identification key yet, to be shure. unfortunately, there's not much information around about S.hahni.
my Sicarius cf. hahni pics
Cool pics,r these all quite small still? any tips for breeding them? couse i couldn't find much about them, how long it takes 4 slings to hatch????
i'm looking for details for identifying them myself, i'll try emailing a woman that works in laboratory in US, she's testing S.hahni venom, and she has like 50 of them