sicarius sp.

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Like calling Sicarius "crab spiders"? {D{D{D

(Guess what, I have more Sicarius than you do, spit, you arent teaching anyone anything that we dont already know by posting your pics<EDIT -MrI>.)
Lets see them "WHAT".......ie...<edit>.
I have shown mine in my hand BTW.
Idiot......I have tailed Lq,handled australis,handed Mg (if you even know what that is.....LMAO)
and handled big pokies)
Where <EDIT -MrI> are you on this list ?

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Click on the link in my sig, its not like there are photos of them on the first page of my flickr account... oh, wait...

Anyway, you want to call me an idiot, fine, go find a post that proves it, until such a time, Im done with this thread, and will continue laughing at you. {D

(As for handling, I have plenty of experience with Latrodectus, Loxosceles, Sicarius, pokies, Tityus, Leiurus, and Centuroides. I have handled them all, some by accident, some intentionally, but posting photos? There is no point except in searching for machismo...and if you are having to search for that on the internet, well...I think we all know what that means.)

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Click on the link in my sig, its not like there are photos of them on the first page of my flickr account... oh, wait...

Anyway, you want to call me an idiot, fine, go find a post that proves it, until such a time, Im done with this thread, and will continue laughing at you. {D
Seem to miss pics of you handling or even owning Sicarius spp.
Nevermind.......mummy might buy you some.....if you are good {D

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

(As for handling, I have plenty of experience with Latrodectus, Loxosceles, Sicarius, pokies, Tityus, Leiurus, and Centuroides. I have handled them all, some by accident, some intentionally, but posting photos? There is no point except in searching for machismo...and if you are having to search for that on the internet, well...I think we all know what that means.)
<EDIT -MrI>.......posting after I have. (If you do not know what the abbreviations mean,ask and I will explain)
If you have something to say........say it !
You edited your last post before my previous reply (which the mods can verify) you tool.....shame on you :mad:

Last edited:

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, I haven't even replied to your last post and you felt it was necessary to post 4 more times aimed at me. A little on the defensive side perhaps?
All because I asked for some video evidence from you? These aren't brachys you're holding after all. Your being quite immature about the whole thing as I'm not accusing you of photoshopping(although that's brilliant subterfuge on your part.) I'm just questioning your handling methods for lethal species as your motivation for holding them seems quite twisted. I suspect you're cooling them off before the hold or using CO2. A video would prove me wrong. So be a mature adult here (if you can) and post a video. Preferably one that shows the arachnid active in it's enclosure before you take it out( a continuous shot would be credible).

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
<EDIT -MrI>.......posting after I have. (If you do not know what the abbreviations mean,ask and I will explain)
If you have something to say........say it !
You edited your last post before my previous reply (which the mods can verify) you tool.....shame on you :mad:
My edit was done before you posted, a good 3 minutes before, which was in response to *your* editing your post. Who is the tool? Also, enjoy your infractions.

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow, I haven't even replied to your last post and you felt it was necessary to post 4 more times aimed at me. A little on the defensive side perhaps?
All because I asked for some video evidence from you? These aren't brachys you're holding after all. Your being quite immature about the whole thing as I'm not accusing you of photoshopping(although that's brilliant subterfuge on your part.) I'm just questioning your handling methods for lethal species as your motivation for holding them seems quite twisted. I suspect you're cooling them off before the hold or using CO2. A video would prove me wrong. So be a mature adult here (if you can) and post a video. Preferably one that shows the arachnid active in it's enclosure before you take it out( a continuous shot would be credible).
Are you on planet earth by any chance ?
I have been banned from most forums for handlind deadly spp. as the mods here will verify.
You honstly think need a piece like you ?
Mate,I only handle to show that they can be handled and are not all the killers that most believe.
I do my thing and that is all I do......I try to make people understand.
They are not killers.......you call me an idiot but I am trying to make the general concensus realise that these are animals trying to live their lives.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Paul, just because people dont agree with you doesnt mean they are idiots. What you are doing is what the forum RULES (Click the underlined part)(give them a glance sometime ;)) state as a personal attack (click the underlined part). I would calm down a bit if I were you, your going to end up with an infraction or suspension if you keep attacking people with different ideas than you. I think its time you let this thread drop. Its probably going to get locked soon anyways. So just walk away from it man.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Admin note

Paul, you are unpleasant... bordering on unwelcome. It would be a shame if you decided to continue to act in such a way as so make yourself unwelcome here. Make no mistake, it is a choice made by you, and only you.

So, chew on the infraction points you have well and truly earned in this thread, and think about your future here, and why you seem to be trying so hard to make yourself unwelcome here.

I am on your side WRT educating people on misunderstood species... but we don't need your "type" around if you simply cannot behave.

-MrI

proper_tea

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have to say... this thread is kinda hilarious...

And to "What"... I may totally disagree with you on the immigration thing... but I'm totally with you on the "crab spider" thing... I saw that thread, and it completely blew my mind that this was the same guy who was posting handling pictures of siccarius sp..

wow

ErikWestblom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Seem to miss pics of you handling or even owning Sicarius spp.
Nevermind.......mummy might buy you some.....if you are good {D
So his own pictures of Sicarius spp. aren't good enough? Then why would your pictures of Sicarius spp. prove that the spider you're handling is your own?

chris_vegas

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Too often I see/hear about people keeping dangerous and/or lethal pets strictly out of a sick fascination and belief that in keeping said creature(s) that the owner is somehow more "bad-ass".

...but handling them and posting pictures even after previoulsy doing so had brought you bans and disdain from your fellow hobbyists?

get a life!

Don't hide behind this pathetic guise of educating people about the "true-nature" of Sicarius hahni. You clearly have some self-esteem issues and should probably be seeking the advice of a proffesional instead of aritificially boosting said self-esteem by posting your pics on here.

I don't agree with the people who have suggested you should "get bit", but I do worry someday you will. All spiders are wild and unpredictable, just ask any of the many folks who've been nipped by a G. rosea.

If you or someone like you does one day get bit/stung by a hot, you will destroy this hobby for all of us...guaranteed. Non spider lovers don't discern between the hots and harmless species...chances are they'll just ban them all.

Think on....and please stop writing "spids"...<edit>...it's only two letters.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoSpider

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I sick and tired of people saying everybody is gonna screw over the hobby by holding their spiders...Yes, it could happen, but its not a GUARANTEE. Please stop overreacting.

mitchnast

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just want to say that I think the showcasing of free-handling of a relatively new-to-the-hobby, profoundly lethal animal, Is the acme of unwise.

And the rebuttal devalument of individuals presenting a contrary opinion is testament to the perpetuity of that un-wisdom.

Perhaps there are those who would disagree that actions should be measured with a degree of prudence. Perhaps it's not such a difficult concept to grasp for the majority in any given society.

One observation I feel reasonable to make here, however, is that the original poster is looking for attention, and feels deserving of a positive expression thereof, To to the absolute of conviction.

This, however, is a community of various free-thinkers, not looking to be led or instructed on how they should think, nor are they open to personal attacks upon their contributions. The original poster should have an intimate understanding of this. What is missing, perhaps merely prudence.

I realize I'm being redundant. But the topic of this thread seems far more about butting heads and inability to tolerate non-acceptance from peers for the same qualities one would seek to be recognized for.

So we now have an individual that will be recognized first and most for being unaccepted.

I gotta say....In my way, ouch.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think Paul posts threads like these will the sole purpose of getting a fight started. Every time he posts a thread with him handling hot animals a fight gets going. So why post again when the same thing is bound to happen? In my opinion he gets a kick out of it. I could be entirely wrong though.