Shys T Thread

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Gunna try update this as much as I can with my T's and their progress(as well as any T' related artwork)! Friday June 2nd 2017 my dad for me my first T! A B.Albopilosum sling whom my parents begrudgingly decided to name Curly-Fries Fluff-Bunny(I'm just calling the lil dude Curly Fries).

Lil ones doing really good so far! Taken 2 pre-killed mealworms and has been very calm.

Wednesday June 7th I received my 2nd tarantula from a family friend who used to be(and still is to a degree) big into the tarantula world/exotic pet world, a Juvi B.Albopilosum!

Upon opening was sadly quite cold but instantly dashed(always have a catch cup! :dead:) and is now warming up nicely, hoping this one will chill out but I really dont mind all too much as Id rather not handle something that doesnt like handling too much- will be getting crickets to feed this guy either today or tomorrow.(Forgot to say that this ones called Kovu, I let my instagram followers name it aha.)
Sorry for the long first post ^w^!
Have a great day :cat:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Yeah, I still get that way when I get new Ts. There is nothing wrong with enjoying your new pets :)

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Had an off day today, Kovus crickets are doing well but for some reason I'm finding myself quite jumpy around him- he's quite skittish and doesnt care much for "slow and steady" when it comes to moving about(also hes unsexed idk why Im calling him a he), Im fine with Curly Fries its strange, I'll get over it haha XD thought I'd document the odd feeling anyway to look back on ^w^

---edit---
Now I've actually seen Kovu eat I feel alot more at ease around him :dead: strange how worrying/stress comes out in weird ways!

Last edited:

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
nice.

So I am going to answer the question you haven't asked yet....what spider to get next?

I have 5 suggestion
•B.vagans: avid eater and pretty, not fond of handling
•G.rosea: everyone and their mother has one, you need one too. Very gorgeous spiders when observed under sunlight
•A.genic: large, fast growing, and an absolute dumpster when it comes to food
•GBB: just google it and you will know why
•A.chalcodes: gorgeous American species, wild caught adults are fairly priced. I have heard these are docile spiders but, not my experience.

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
nice.

So I am going to answer the question you haven't asked yet....what spider to get next?

I have 5 suggestion
•B.vagans: avid eater and pretty, not fond of handling
•G.rosea: everyone and their mother has one, you need one too. Very gorgeous spiders when observed under sunlight
•A.genic: large, fast growing, and an absolute dumpster when it comes to food
•GBB: just google it and you will know why
•A.chalcodes: gorgeous American species, wild caught adults are fairly priced. I have heard these are docile spiders but, not my experience.
You know it XD! Been obsessed with T's for YEARS! I definitly wanna get a GBB but I was thinking a B.Auratum next :angelic: or perhaps a scorpion or two haha

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
Scorpions seem pretty cool and easy to keep. I kinda want one as well...don't know what to get though. Lol.

You should definitely get a GBB but there are so many Ts to choose from, lol, good luck.

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Scorpions seem pretty cool and easy to keep. I kinda want one as well...don't know what to get though. Lol.

You should definitely get a GBB but there are so many Ts to choose from, lol, good luck.
I originally wanted to start off with a scorpion but ended up impulse buying a praying mantis haha ^w^ always got my eye out for scorps

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Curly-Fries Fluff-Bunny is the best name ever by far, I don't care what is thrown my way in the future, that will always be the best.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Congratulations on the GBB! Hopefully you get one of the ones that is frequently visible and not a hide dwelling brat like mine :banghead::wacky:

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Congrats on the GBB and the molt! My mom wouldn't let me get anything at Repticon last week :sorry:

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Congratulations on the GBB! Hopefully you get one of the ones that is frequently visible and not a hide dwelling brat like mine :banghead::wacky:
Awe Thank you! I dont mind all too much if I never see it as long as its healthy and happy ^w^- or as happy as tarantulas get haha! That must kinda suck tho :happy: pet holes 4 days

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Awe Thank you! I dont mind all too much if I never see it as long as its healthy and happy ^w^- or as happy as tarantulas get haha! That must kinda suck tho :happy: pet holes 4 days
True, rather have a healthy T that's hides than a sick one I see all the time. Her hiding all the time isn't so bad really. Makes her random appearances that much better :)

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
For a second, I thought this thread was about shy Ts and was about to talk about my marshalli, who I’ve seen three times in the seven months I’ve had her. But this is about Shy’s Ts... sorry, carry on.

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
For a second, I thought this thread was about shy Ts and was about to talk about my marshalli, who I’ve seen three times in the seven months I’ve had her. But this is about Shy’s Ts... sorry, carry on.
I mean I would still love to hear about your shy Ts ;3