Showin sum Pokie luv

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, guys, and gals, I have been saying since I began collecting Ts that I would never own a pokie, lol....I have kids and only own docile Ts....but, I am thinking, just thinking, about a pokie...I saw a pic of a P. metallica, and it is very pretty. I think it belonged to "GoTerps". I would like to know about this genus....anything about this genus. And I would like to know if there is a way I can view pics of each sp. of this genus...Thanks all.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok, guys, and gals, I have been saying since I began collecting Ts that I would never own a pokie, lol....I have kids and only own docile Ts....but, I am thinking, just thinking, about a pokie...I saw a pic of a P. metallica, and it is very pretty. I think it belonged to "GoTerps". I would like to know about this genus....anything about this genus. And I would like to know if there is a way I can view pics of each sp. of this genus...Thanks all.
if you want to see all the pokies available for purchase go to botarby8s.com he has them all on his page..and he can answer all your questions about all the pokies species.

I have a Poecilotheria regalis 1.25" brown colored baby really lovely looking.

I'll take pictures of it once it gets like on the side of the tank (aboreal species) and spreads out wide so i can take a good picture.

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Someone who goes by"GoTerps" has some amazing pics of his pokies! Im in love with the pair he has togetther in one pic, fasciatas?

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer

Look in "Tarantula Pictures", there you will find pages of pictures on this genus. Oh, i wouldnt recommend handlin them either. :)

SavageDigital

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here's a time line of images for you. They look like this at first...

then something like this a year later...

finally, some look like this...

Their care wasn't anymore demanding than that of P. regalis.

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, so I went to botarby8s.com but he didnt have the metallica listed in the section with pokies...:?
But, he did have a pic of a regalis, which is also nice. Im thinking about trying to purchase one, but not sure if Im ready to deal with that yet, lol...Thanks for all the support so far though, and the links to pics!:clap:

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
a beautiful t. but it would scare the crap out of me :8o :8o :8o to fast and what about a bite from it :eek: :eek: now hiding behind the sofa lol --- phil

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok, so I went to botarby8s.com but he didnt have the metallica listed in the section with pokies...:?
But, he did have a pic of a regalis, which is also nice. Im thinking about trying to purchase one, but not sure if Im ready to deal with that yet, lol...Thanks for all the support so far though, and the links to pics!:clap:

As far as slings go they arent that bad...My regalis sling stayed perfectly still when he was rested by the water dish i had to take dead crickets out of. he wasnt too scared and he didnt try to flee..

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
He just doesn't have any for sale, there don't seem to be many running around currently. Fear not, all is not lost.. Varden just bred a batch I believe.:)

Check the for Sale/Trade section for one. Or, I'd recommend getting a regalis as your first Poecilotheria, just because of the cost of mistakes..

-Sean

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The concern with pokies is sooooooooo overblown. They aren't going to attack you unless you give it reason to and for most species you would probably have to do provoke that then say a rosie hair.

Sure there are some species which are high strung, but that doesn't mean it will bite anything it sees, only that it will take off the second you scare it. Just stay away from those. The concern imo is they are lightning quick but as I said, only a few in my experience anyway are especially high strung.

They are probably one of the hardiest genus as well, so don't expect it to drop dead on you.

There is so much to like about this genus. They grow fast, look pretty, are colorfull.

Last edited:

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The 1st T I purchased is a p. metallica... I now have 2 of those and one p. ornata that I just ordered from Botar. The little guy I got from Botar is about an inch... starting small may make your confidence in keeping an adult Pokie increase as the spider matures.

Yes they are quick, but I have never had any of them act aggressive or seem too flighty... but as with any critter, anything is possible.

I think they are the most beautiful T's and will, hopefully, own at least one of every Pokie!

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
If bit by one, how bad would that be?
While its hard to determine how you would respond exactly, but it most likely would NOT be pleasant. But if you're worried about being bitten, (I assume you won't be wanting to handle 'em then? ;)) Its not that hard to operate efficiently with near 0% chance of being bit.

-Sean

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If bit by one, how bad would that be?:eek:
well if your bitten by an adult poecilotheria it could be pretty bad.you will prob want to go to the hospital and your looking at effects lasting up to a month after the bite.

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I heard some where that a man was unconcious for almost 2 hours?!
I barely bother the Ts I have now....but when I am fiddling in thier home, they leave me be totally. I am worried that a pokie may see me being in his home as a threat and rush out to get me real quick, lol. But, I am also thinking that if Im that worried about it, than maybe I just shouldnt have one, lol.

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
I heard some where that a man was unconcious for almost 2 hours?!
I barely bother the Ts I have now....but when I am fiddling in thier home, they leave me be totally. I am worried that a pokie may see me being in his home as a threat and rush out to get me real quick, lol. But, I am also thinking that if Im that worried about it, than maybe I just shouldnt have one, lol.
They'd much rather run than bite. ;) Just give it its space and do maintenance in the daytime when it'll be resting.

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If I got one, it would have to be a metallica.....my absolute fav thanks to someone named GoTerps on here....lol I do love the regalis also, but have to have the metallica first....if I get over my fear of finding out its loose, lol:eek:

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
my absolute fav thanks to someone named GoTerps on here....lol
Don't feel bad. Eric gets so many freakin' awesome spiders and breeds so many of them he makes everyone want a certain species at one time or another.;)