should I try it?

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
my small lp has molted and the mirror patch it still attached i know this because it is like a little flap and the carapace that poped off is still attached to the left on mirror patch from her old skin ive raised the temps and sprayed her little cup but in the last 2 days it has not come off its not covering her anus but i want it off i thought of a wet q-tip but its the size of my finger nail sould i leave it?

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think you waited WAY to long to do anything really. From what I can see, if you try to pull it off you run a risk of maybe tearing the abdomen now.

This happened to me with my B.boehmei but I acted immediately, used a wet q-tip and peeled the still moist exo off.

Its a judgement call on your part now.

But, if it isn't hurting her, you can leave it, and it will molt again, possibly out of it.

Mad Hatter

Arachnofriend
Old Timer
I think you waited WAY to long to do anything really. From what I can see, if you try to pull it off you run a risk of maybe tearing the abdomen now.
^I tend to agree with this line of thought.

If it were my T, I would leave things be for fear of worsening the situation.

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
started to see it flap i have removed it it took a a bit but the sling did not move at all and it came off fairly easy thanks for the advice

let the tread die please