Should I stop feeding my sling?

andrew_w_hill

Arachnopeon
I have a 1.5" L. parahybana sling. Since its last molt, it has yet to refuse a meal. It's abdomen now is quite hefty. Will it stop eating when it's full, or will it just keep going like a goldfish?

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i would recomend feeding only once or twice a week. i'm not sure if they will stuff themselves like a goldfish but they can be 'power fed' so to speak..

andrew_w_hill

Arachnopeon
i would recomend feeding only once or twice a week. i'm not sure if they will stuff themselves like a goldfish but they can be 'power fed' so to speak..
Once or twice a week, huh? Yeah... about that... um... are you sure they don't stuff themselves like goldfish? I think mine may need to go on a little diet then.

hardtohandle

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
different strokes for different folks... some would love to feed their slings until it burst (though its impossible unless it fell from your hand), while some would conservatively follow a feeding regimen with the belief that it will somewhat make its lifespan longer. Personally, I go with the former...

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a 1.5" LP that I have had since it was 2I and i have fed it every three days until it refuses to eat. this tells me a molt is pending and as of right now, that's exactly what is happening. I should have a newly molted LP in a week.