Should I say something?

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Hey all I was in petsway for some crickets and figured I would check out the reptile and fish section like I normally do (this particular petsway is great for fish, they have someone there that really knows his stuff and cares about the fish.) Well while checking out the ball python morphs I noticed they had two tarantulas. One labels as " zebra tarantula" and the other "red leg tarantula" No scientific names but I did recognize the red leg as a Brachypelma smithi, didn't recognize the "zebra tarantula" anyway, that's not what bugs me...

Both of these species were being kept on DAMP throughout substrate in a medium sized kritter keeper. Only about a half inch of substrate, no hide, and worst of all no water dish, simply a bowl in each filled with cricket water gel. The poor smithi seemed so annoyed by how damp the substrate is that it was standing on top of its "cricket drink" dish.

I didn't say anything, I wanted to but I figured they would kick me out or something and stop selling me feeders, I'm non confrontational haha. Anyway I'm feeling kinda bad about not saying anything, should i? Or would they be insulted?

Edit: each was about 3-3.5" and sadly I don't have the spare 250 for both of them lol

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Speak up, but do it in a positive, helpful way. Tell them you're on a tarantula forum with a lot of experienced collectors and breeders.

Sergic

Arachnosquire
I'm not familiar with petsway, but of it's anything like Perco or Petsmart, you won't be able to do anything. They're probably following care sheets given to them by corporate, and no matter how well-informed the employees are, they have to keep their animals in the poor conditions mandated by their store.