Should I leave it alone?

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
Picked up a G.pulchra sling. Just under 1". Anyway, its in a container with eco earth, and it burrowed down and is now in a little pit at the bottom with no exit. Is this pretty normal? I have no problems letting it do its thing. The substrate has held up so far but I dont want it caving in on it.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
Picked up a G.pulchra sling. Just under 1". Anyway, its in a container with eco earth, and it burrowed down and is now in a little pit at the bottom with no exit. Is this pretty normal? I have no problems letting it do its thing. The substrate has held up so far but I dont want it caving in on it.
Leave it alone, tarantulas know what they are doing.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If it did cave in, the tarantula could dig its way out. Tarantulas dig. ;)

Leave it alone to have its alone time, it will most likely emerge in a week or two with a new set of clothes. Since it is that small though, make sure to keep the substrate moist to avoid desiccation. If you are using central heat, the air in your house is dry and that does become a real worry.

Treynok

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
At only 1 inch it could have a very small tunnel. My LP Slings do this very same thing but they do in fact have a tunnel it is just hard (pretty much impossible unless you see them use it) to find the opening and it doesn't have to be big at all. In coco fiber especially it could be hard to find the opening or it ma be covered over by a thin layer. Either way it will come out when it is ready and may have dug a chamber for a molt. Good luck with the sling.