Should I jump for joy now?

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Its regarding my female P. pulcher. She laid a sac yesterday and I'm not so sure if the sac is a good one.

Here are some significant dates:

Sept 19 - female's latest molt
Sept 28 - first mating attempt, unsuccessful.
Oct 23 - after unsuccessful mating attempts, I decided to put the male in her enclosure
Nov 28 - heavy webbing in her corner. I thought she just doesn't want to be disturbed.
Nov 30 - I noticed she was holding on to a sac

Does this mean that she's been raped while I was sleeping? How many days before I pull off the sac?

Thanks in advance again guys.

venomous.com

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Its regarding my female P. pulcher. She laid a sac yesterday and I'm not so sure if the sac is a good one.

Does this mean that she's been raped while I was sleeping? How many days before I pull off the sac?

Thanks in advance again guys.
Approx 5 weeks since you co habbed her with the male....sounds like a viable sac to me. I'd pull the sac at 30-35 days

Congrats! Is the male still around? want to send him my way? {D (I know you are in the Philippines)

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Approx 5 weeks since you co habbed her with the male....sounds like a viable sac to me. I'd pull the sac at 30-35 days

Congrats! Is the male still around? want to send him my way? {D (I know you are in the Philippines)
haha By the time he reaches your place he'd probably curled up. He's a bit weak by now.

hahahahah!!!!!
well, I guess it was a possibility, right? lol

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
JUST an UDPATE.

I pulled the eggs out last Dec 9 as I saw the female roaming around and she left the sac inside the webbed-up corner. Put the eggs in a D-I-Y incubator.

Now I see some small white stuff inside the eggs.

Is this a good sign? How do I tell if the eggs are good?

come2imagine3

Arachnopeon
As long as the eggs are a yellowish color and not brown or black they should be ok. You will find out once they sprout legs.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
OK thanks. What do you guys think about these...

Here are the pics of the eggs in my DIY incubator.

And the incubator...

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They look good to me. No mold, they aren't clumped together, good color... I wonder though, don't you still need to be turning them at this stage? I know that after a certain point it is no longer necessary to turn tarantula eggs but it seems you may still be a little early for that?

Perhaps somebody with experience breeding this species will stop in and comment.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I

ty Man. Do you think the eggs are good?
Ya man, i think they look good...they seem to be the right shade of yellow......i have had a infertile sac before, and the eggs were almost a foggy clear color...so id asy those bad boys are good to go.

Like Moltar said, not sure if they still need to be rolled??...i would move them around every once and a while, just to make sure they get evenly aired

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
great inputs. Thanks guys! Well I guess I shall continue to expect. I do roll them once in 3 days based on what I read. Will keep you guys posted.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Won't hurt to keep them around until they either go brown or black or luck out and get a bunch of eggs with legs.

I'd like to see the mature male that could even rape a female P.pulcher. Doesn't count though if you're holding onto the female... *stares at a certain user* {D;P;){D

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
UPDATE.

This morning I saw 2 eggs with legs already! Yey! Just now there are already 5 of them.

I'm so excited and yeah, I am jumping for joy now.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dude, thats awsome!.....i bet your pumped!.

EDIT:forgot to say congrats....lol......CONGRATS!

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's great! Way to go!

P. pulcher is a great species. I'm rather jealous that you will soon be overrun with those cute lil buggers. Congrats.