Should I have one?

sneakikaz

Arachnopeon
I really want to own a Tarantula.
But my parents had our house sprayed pesticides all over of it: walls, ceiling etc
The pesticides will last for 6 months and it kill every insect that come to my house.
So should I have one?

Jmanbeing93

Arachnosquire
I would wait the six months, it usually goes by in a blink of an eye. Don't worry, be patient.

Jmanbeing93

Arachnosquire
Well, you can discuss it with your parents but I would wait until you got your place, if your parents refuse. I would like a spider myself but I am going to wait until I have my own place.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Most of those sprays that last for months are contact only sprays. That means in the bug doesn't come into direct contact with them it will not harm them after it's been applied.

That being said you should talk with your parents before bringing a tarantula into their home. If you can work it out maybe they could avoid spraying your room the next time which would likely work fine for you to own a tarantula.

Eva

Arachnosquire
I really want to own a Tarantula.
But my parents had our house sprayed pesticides all over of it: walls, ceiling etc
The pesticides will last for 6 months and it kill every insect that come to my house.
So should I have one?
That depends... Do you want a live tarantula?
If you're fine either way, then go ahead!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Time to move...
Really though, just keep it in one room and have your parents avoid spraying that room.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Exterminators always use contact killers for the safety of the occupants of the house. Same reason car washes don't use hot water. Talk with your parents before getting a tarantula. NEVER do something like that without their permission or against their will.

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
Do you know exactly what was used? Some people on here are very knowledgeable on this and could chime in.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
It sounds like your parents' choice is to have no living bugs or spiders in the house.
If they are willing for you to have a tarantula, they should also be willing to not spray your room next time.
Best course: sit down and discuss this with your parents and find out where they stand on the issue.

sneakikaz

Arachnopeon
Most of those sprays that last for months are contact only sprays. That means in the bug doesn't come into direct contact with them it will not harm them after it's been applied.

That being said you should talk with your parents before bringing a tarantula into their home. If you can work it out maybe they could avoid spraying your room the next time which would likely work fine for you to own a tarantula.[/QUOthe ta

That being said you should talk with your parents before bringing a tarantula into their home. If you can work it out maybe they could avoid spraying your room the next time which would likely work fine for you to own a tarantula.
We know that we have to keep a tarantula inside its home. So can the cage protect the spider from pesticide?