Should I get this Brazilian Black and White Tarantula?

Shaka

Arachnopeon
Just back to the issue of MM, some peeps use MM for Mechanical Mom too. This can be confusing...

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey, that is way better than a cottage cheese container. :D Nice find...glad you sided with the "YES!" voice. I'm no expert by any means but, from the ventral pics, looks like a lady to me. I bet she'll be stunning after her next molt too.
Nice new T with a snappy little enclosure; does life get better? I submit that it cannot!

rockrox1

Arachnosquire
Nice T!!! may i know what website you got it from??? Wanna order T also... tnx.

KevinFrancisco

Arachnopeon
Looks like you got a good deal. The T looks healthy, enclosure setup is on point and it appears to be -as advertised- a Nhandu coloratovillosus (Brazilian B&W). This is one of my favorite NW terrestrial species. They tend to be pretty defensive and fang-happy so watch your fingers.

One concern though; how do you secure that lid? Is there ventilation?
Thanks man, I agree she's pretty. And thanks for the heads up about being fang-happy...

There is a glass cover that came with the enclosure. It's small enough to leave a small opening on both sides of the enclosure. Is that enough or their species need good ventilation?

KevinFrancisco

Arachnopeon
Hey, that is way better than a cottage cheese container. :D Nice find...glad you sided with the "YES!" voice. I'm no expert by any means but, from the ventral pics, looks like a lady to me. I bet she'll be stunning after her next molt too.
Nice new T with a snappy little enclosure; does life get better? I submit that it cannot!
Glad I sided with YES too! and yup, I also thought it was a female. Have you seen the bald spot on her abdomen? Yeah I think she's about to molt. Gonna post pics after! :D

beckett5000

Arachnopeon
It depends one whick black and white you're talking about. None of them are rare, but a couple of them are uncommon,because they were not introduced into the U.S. untill 1998.

KevinFrancisco

Arachnopeon
It depends one whick black and white you're talking about. None of them are rare, but a couple of them are uncommon,because they were not introduced into the U.S. untill 1998.
Oh okay. So the info on the net was just bull? :mad: arghhhh

Thanks though