Should I get this Brazilian Black and White Tarantula?

KevinFrancisco

Arachnopeon
I saw an ad on the internet selling a Brazilian Black and White Tarantula. It's 3.5 - 4 inches. And it's on sale for 1,100 PESOS ($23). It includes the T (of course), a 12-gallon enclosure, and lats. I think this is cheap enough. Just getting second opinion from you guys.

Thanks in advance! :)

lalachill

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah, for me its very cheap already because it includes the enclosure and feeders.

I have a doubt that the T is male.

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Strangely enough, whenever I here anybody say "should I get this ..... tarantula" my brain always shouts YES!
Really though, that sounds like a pretty sweet deal, again simply because of the enclosure and everything. Of course, it doesn't really give alot of details, does it? "Mystery tarantula in Mystery enclosure". I tend to picture something about mid-range for that, but it could be a plastic cottage cheese container with a sponge, a twig and a MM mystery species.
Hmm, I'm not helping am I? Ok, if it were me, I'd go for it because I like surprises. :D It is not very much money and it could be neat!

Knight in Gale

KevinFrancisco

Arachnopeon
Strangely enough, whenever I here anybody say "should I get this ..... tarantula" my brain always shouts YES!
Really though, that sounds like a pretty sweet deal, again simply because of the enclosure and everything. Of course, it doesn't really give alot of details, does it? "Mystery tarantula in Mystery enclosure". I tend to picture something about mid-range for that, but it could be a plastic cottage cheese container with a sponge, a twig and a MM mystery species.
Hmm, I'm not helping am I? Ok, if it were me, I'd go for it because I like surprises. :D It is not very much money and it could be neat!

Knight in Gale
Hahaha! One noob question though, what does "MM" mean? Been reading a lot of topics here and I always see that. Haha thanks!

Btw, okay I'll buy that T tomorrow! Be posting pics soon! {D

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
My brain is shouting the same thing. I always feel like who ever is posting already knows that they want it, too, they just need a little extra convincing (and there's no shortage of that on AB);).

KevinFrancisco

Arachnopeon
My brain is shouting the same thing. I always feel like who ever is posting already knows that they want it, too, they just need a little extra convincing (and there's no shortage of that on AB);).
I think that's exactly what happened to me..Haha!

KevinFrancisco

Arachnopeon
Is it true though that black and white Ts are rare? Looked it up online and it said it's a must-have since it's rare or something...?

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yay! Throw up some pics and there will be someone here who can tell you if that particular kind is rare or not. So what did the enclosure actually turn out to be anyway?

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Kevin. Welcome aboard. Congrats on the addition. Sounds like Nhandu coloratovillosus. Looking forward to pics. :) Terry

edit- Hope you luck up with a female (-;

KevinFrancisco

Arachnopeon
Kevin. Welcome aboard. Congrats on the addition. Sounds like Nhandu coloratovillosus. Looking forward to pics. :) Terry

edit- Hope you luck up with a female (-;
Thanks man! Be taking pics in a few mins. :D

Yay! Throw up some pics and there will be someone here who can tell you if that particular kind is rare or not. So what did the enclosure actually turn out to be anyway?
Pics of the T and the enclosure coming right up soon, sir!

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks like you got a good deal. The T looks healthy, enclosure setup is on point and it appears to be -as advertised- a Nhandu coloratovillosus (Brazilian B&W). This is one of my favorite NW terrestrial species. They tend to be pretty defensive and fang-happy so watch your fingers.

One concern though; how do you secure that lid? Is there ventilation?

kaydyn1512

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Definitely not a MM :)

Great deal! I second the N col. And I see all girl from those pictures.