Should I be worried?

Angelicaam

Arachnopeon
I got my pink toe tarantula back in January at petsmart and i was there recently and was talking to them about my tarantula and they told me she should have molted already but she hasn’t yet? I’ve read a few threads about pinktoes and now I’m wondering if the size of her enclosure could have something to do with this? She hasn’t spun any webs (only once on a cricket) and once again she hasn’t molted. Should I be worried or do anything differently?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pics of tanks REQUIRED

Without providing more info how can you expect a relevant answer????

No info on temps, feeding frequency, type of prey, number of prey items, size of T

How can we tell you to do things differently if you don’t tell us your husbandry????

Reread your question and you’ll see you told us absolutely nothing. We aren’t mind readers :lol: :banghead:

Based on the little info provided - no need to worry :lol:

Angelicaam

Arachnopeon
Pics of tanks REQUIRED

No info on temps, feeding frequency, type of prey, number of prey items, size of T

How can we tell you to do things differently if you don’t tell us your husbandry????

Reread your question and you’ll see you told us absolutely nothing. We aren’t mind readers :lol: :banghead:

Pics of tanks REQUIRED

I’m at work rn this is the closest picture I have of her enclosure I can provide more after I get off. The temp is room temperature, she eats small crickets about 2 a week sometimes she’ll just eat one but she has gone a few weeks without eating, she’s between 2-3 inches. Sorry I kinda jumped on my question fast and forgot to provide information anything else you need to know to help? Also on the other side of her enclosure is her water dish and a fake plant?

Attachments

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
By pink toe you probably mean Avicularia Avicularia. Unlike the sticker says,that enclosure is not ideal for tarantulas,especially an arboreal (climbing) tarantula such as yours. At that size i would keep it in a small tall enclosure with plenty of cross ventilation,a couple inches of substrate,a vertical cork bark so it can hide and some fake leaves to serve as anchors. Also add a water dish. I wouldnt worry about molting too much,it will happen when its ready,but when its molting leave it alone. Cheers!

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
By pink toe you probably mean Avicularia Avicularia. Unlike the sticker says,that enclosure is not ideal for tarantulas,especially an arboreal (climbing) tarantula such as yours. At that size i would keep it in a small tall enclosure with plenty of cross ventilation,a couple inches of substrate,a vertical cork bark so it can hide and some fake leaves to serve as anchors. Also add a water dish. I wouldnt worry about molting too much,it will happen when its ready,but when its molting leave it alone. Cheers!
This is good advice.

OP:
Here's a thread on Avicularia care. Please read through it.
https://arachnoboards.com/threads/avicularia-husbandry.282549/#post-2461396

Angelicaam

Arachnopeon
Thank you very much, that was helpful!

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
OP, please take this in the best way possible,

That setup is arguably the worst one for a pinktoe physically possible.

Dont take it personally though, petshops are notorius for providing extremely inaccurate info on tarantula care, so im guessing you probably built the setup based on what they told you to do. Definitely worth reading up some of the Avic care threads here, you and your T will both be happier with it in a more suitable enclosure

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Read links provided come back here with specific questions- need a new setup. It’s clear you either listened to an idiot at the pet store and didn’t do research or enough. No hide on the floor :banghead:

Needs a lot of work