Should I be worried?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Tarantula essentially eat a liquid diet and being their very efficient the only excrement is a chalky white odorless substance. Your just lucky yours was climbing the glass when nature called.

PsyC

Arachnosquire
Tarantula essentially eat a liquid diet and being their very efficient the only excrement is a chalky white odorless substance. Your just lucky yours was climbing the glass when nature called.
Thanks. Gonna clean that ASAP

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Nothing for bacteria to invade, there is literally nothing left due to an efficient metabolism

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
LUL...You just remove the white stuff or clean all the enclosure?
It depends on how picky you are. If it's right up where you can get to it, you can wet it with some distilled water and wipe it down. Don't use paper towels on acrylic, though. Over time, it'll get hazy.

These are my pokie enclosures. So I never have much urge to stick my hands in more than I have to. If I decide to do a good wipe down, I make sure to feed them first, so their mouths are full;)

cold blood

Staff member
These are my pokie enclosures. So I never have much urge to stick my hands in more than I have to
I clean the walls of my pokie enclosures when they molt...so they are in no position to surprise me with a hospital visit.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Next thread will be the AB official T poop art awards contest.
Each contestant may contribute 3 pictures.
After a week -- all members may vote on best in category: "most creative", "largest surface space covered", "stays within the lines", "farthest distance art", "mixed media" and "oh well, poor T did his best". :angelic:

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
Oh no...I'm so sorry to tell you but your tarantula well it's got, it's just, that it's...

Just pooop.

If it tastes like vanilla extract then you have cause for cause for concern.

Haemus

Arachnosquire
These pics are like scenes from a horror movie...for a cricket :)

My A. genic does the serial killer stuff on her walls too. Let the water soak on it for a few seconds and it'll come off easily.

Lucashank

Arachnosquire
While we're on the subject... does anyone else's tarantulas have pink/red in their poop?