Should I be worried?

cold blood

Staff member
Next thread will be the AB official T poop art awards contest.
Each contestant may contribute 3 pictures.
After a week -- all members may vote on best in category: "most creative", "largest surface space covered", "stays within the lines", "farthest distance art", "mixed media" and "oh well, poor T did his best". :angelic:
@louise f posted one last year that looked just like a kangaroo.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Next thread will be the AB official T poop art awards contest.
Each contestant may contribute 3 pictures.
After a week -- all members may vote on best in category: "most creative", "largest surface space covered", "stays within the lines", "farthest distance art", "mixed media" and "oh well, poor T did his best". :angelic:
Twinkle Toes (my first tarantula, a double Avic) drew a Christmas tree with her butt once. (After she pooped, she would always wipe her butt on the glass, and this one looked like a Christmas tree.)

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
While we're on the subject... does anyone else's tarantulas have pink/red in their poop?
No never, that seems unusual, wait for a more experienced keepers answer, but doesn't sound right, I've only ever seen whitish excrement from my T's, hope it's nothing to worry about.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
While we're on the subject... does anyone else's tarantulas have pink/red in their poop?
It is not normal for it to be pink/red. Hopefully its just mixed with some substrate or something and not actually coming from the Spider.

cold blood

Staff member
I assume color would be because of the food source, theres nothing really red in a t, hemolymph is clear essentially...like was it fed pinkies or something?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hi. So my A. Geniculata female has been very active today and I noticed some white stuff on the wall of the enclosure, looks like she threw up. Should I be worried? Im kinda freaked out.

PS. Some water fell onto the substract while pouring.

Thanks
I've seen this before, it's definitely something that happens to Ts and can be serious too. I forget the term for it, but the term for it might be used to describe my post too.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Ive seen mine have a slight pink color at times. Though it's more a pink/brown, again all subjective words.