Should I be concerned?

ALS78

Arachnopeon
So we got our first T alittle over a week ago. 3” Aphonopelma chalcodes. Had questions about enclosure set up and sex that were answered on this forum. I really appreciate everyone’s help thus far. I’ve been reading and learning a lot about tarantulas and upon looking at her I think it’s a “female” underbelly was wondering what this lighter area near epigastric furrow could be. I’ve included pics of area in question as well as enclosure. All insight and advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So we got our first T alittle over a week ago. 3” Aphonopelma chalcodes. Had questions about enclosure set up and sex that were answered on this forum. I really appreciate everyone’s help thus far. I’ve been reading and learning a lot about tarantulas and upon looking at her I think it’s a “female” underbelly was wondering what this lighter area near epigastric furrow could be. I’ve included pics of area in question as well as enclosure. All insight and advice is greatly appreciated.
Worn off setae due to one of 2 things generally

Tarantula too fat- which in this location is almost a non issue

The formation of a “cyst” which we usually see on the abdomen. Can be fatal.

Don’t feed it such that it gets a fat abdomen.

All you can do is monitor

ALS78

Arachnopeon
Worn off setae due to one of 2 things generally

Tarantula too fat- which in this location is almost a non issue

The formation of a “cyst” which we usually see on the abdomen. Can be fatal.

Don’t feed it such that it gets a fat abdomen.

All you can do is monitor
I really hope it’s rubbed off setae and not a cyst. I was worried it could be a cyst which would really suck as our 9 year old daughter is already attached to the spider( I am too). She likes to check on her T and see what it’s doing all the time and last night she was drawing the spiders portrait.