short typhlonectes video

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice video and critter. I had one of those as a kid. I wish they had sold it to me as something other than a Rubber Eel. I had no idea it was an amphibian and truthfully thought it was an eel. After about 5 days or so I noiced it seem to be sticking its mouth above water an awful lot to breath. :eek:

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i did my research before getting it. i found this one site about them that made care seem hardet than it really is.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dont you think gravel is a little rough on it's skin? I would think caecilians love to burrow, and need softer substrate.

nickbachman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I believe the correct way to say it is: "I haven't had a problem with it yet..."

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
carefull with escapes, they get out easy! don't let their aquatic habits fool us :)

you keep any other sp? i am always looking for people willing to sell various species.
i have a pretty good distance between the water and the tank lid, so it isn't really my biggest concern.

no, this is my only one. also the only species i've ever seen for sale around here.

Last edited:

Ganoderma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yes it seems to be the only one at least some what common. D. mexicanas and Ichthyophis species sometimes pop up (usually in Florida :rolleyes: )