Shipping Woes

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
So I have been eagerly waiting on a shipment of Ts this week. It was supposed to be here today, but alas USPS comes to drop off the mail, and there are no Ts. Check the tracking page, and it seems that they're en route from TEXAS of all places (they've never taken my packages to Texas before...). Which is frustrating, since they've been in shipment since Monday night. Thankfully the weather has been mild and I'm not too worried about DOAs, since I know the seller always packs very well, though who knows. But I do know that despite having no issues in the past, and still having a LAG, I'll no longer be using any other shipping method than priority next day. :shifty:

So, to keep me occupied and hopefully make time pass a little faster, anybody have any shipping stories to share?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Shipping? I went on a boat once, but that wasn't very exciting ;)

My first package I ever ordered online came from a member here. He sent my slings and it was here in priority next day. However, it turns out my Mom didn't wait outside for the mailman and missed him. It was a Saturday, so I couldn't pick them up Sunday. I was super worried, as these scorps were TINY 2-3i. Figured they may not survive the 2 day wait. My Dad camped out at the post office until after they closed in the lobby and had them get my package from the returned mail truck :D All was good, even though one was eaten. Despite this, the seller included a freebie, so it all worked out :)

user 666

Arachnobaron
I just lost four and a half Ts out of an order of ten (with overnight shipping, yes).

Three were DOA, one molted in transit and died a day later, and another molted in transit and lost half its legs. I am trying to save it.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Shipping? I went on a boat once, but that wasn't very exciting ;)

My first package I ever ordered online came from a member here. He sent my slings and it was here in priority next day. However, it turns out my Mom didn't wait outside for the mailman and missed him. It was a Saturday, so I couldn't pick them up Sunday. I was super worried, as these scorps were TINY 2-3i. Figured they may not survive the 2 day wait. My Dad camped out at the post office until after they closed in the lobby and had them get my package from the returned mail truck :D All was good, even though one was eaten. Despite this, the seller included a freebie, so it all worked out :)
That sounds like quite the escapade! Glad everything went well in the end, even though one of the little dudes got munched. :D

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I just lost four and a half Ts out of an order of ten (with overnight shipping, yes).

Three were DOA, one molted in transit and died a day later, and another molted in transit and lost half its legs. I am trying to save it.
Yeah, I recall the thread. :( Fingers crossed you can save the one that lost most of it's legs. I know there's a user that has an Avic that lost all but one leg, and it made it. So there's hope!

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Yeah, I had the same thing happen on one of my shipments. They discovered it and got it back to me pretty quick. Good luck on the Ts.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
So I have been eagerly waiting on a shipment of Ts this week. It was supposed to be here today, but alas USPS comes to drop off the mail, and there are no Ts. Check the tracking page, and it seems that they're en route from TEXAS of all places (they've never taken my packages to Texas before...)
USPS delivered your parcel full of T's at Leatherface's house: you don't have the idea of how much convincing is the sound of a huuge chainsaw.

Facts: old good Sawyer jumped into T's :pompous:

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
USPS delivered your parcel full of T's at Leatherface's house: you don't have the idea of how much convincing is the sound of a huuge chainsaw.

Facts: old good Sawyer jumped into T's :pompous:
I'll fight him. Come at me brah, you can't have my M. robustum!

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had a batch of slings that were supposed to be shipped next-day (shipped Monday, to arrive Tuesday) - but the seller was late dropping them off with the shipper and missed the cutoff, bumping them to second-day. In theory, this would have put them arriving on Wednesday - but the were delayed in transit and did not arrive Wednesday. Thursday was Thanksgiving Day, so no mail service. Temperatures en route were in the 20's (Fahrenheit) and they were shipped without a heat pack, so I was pretty worried - but they arrived safely on Friday and were all alive and well.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I had a batch of slings that were supposed to be shipped next-day (shipped Monday, to arrive Tuesday) - but the seller was late dropping them off with the shipper and missed the cutoff, bumping them to second-day. In theory, this would have put them arriving on Wednesday - but the were delayed in transit and did not arrive Wednesday. Thursday was Thanksgiving Day, so no mail service. Temperatures en route were in the 20's (Fahrenheit) and they were shipped without a heat pack, so I was pretty worried - but they arrived safely on Friday and were all alive and well.
Oh jeeze, I'd have gone absolutely bonkers! D: Glad everyone showed up okay though, proper packing is king.

boina

Lady of the mites
A couple of years ago I'd ordered a few spiders. They were shipped out - and then the usually very reliable German mail went on strike, to everyones surprise... I waited for days with no idea where my spiders went and when they would pick up service again, but I was one of the lucky ones: The mail did work for a few days again during which my spiders got delivered - only 6 days late and all still alive - and then the mail went on a month long strike. I know of at least two people who lost their spiders during that month.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
A couple of years ago I'd ordered a few spiders. They were shipped out - and then the usually very reliable German mail went on strike, to everyones surprise... I waited for days with no idea where my spiders went and when they would pick up service again, but I was one of the lucky ones: The mail did work for a few days again during which my spiders got delivered - only 6 days late and all still alive - and then the mail went on a month long strike. I know of at least two people who lost their spiders during that month.
You aren't kidding on the lucky part! Damn shame for the people who lost theirs.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A while ago (several years back) I sold three Ts to a member here. I packed perfectly. It took three days for the package to make it to the buyers post office. The buyer fell off the face of the earth. The package sat there for several weeks before they sent the package back to me. Then they were on another three day wait to get back to me. Two of the three survived. The third was alive when it got here. However, it molted in transit. With that it did have the space to stretch out like it needed to and I decided it best to place it in the freezer.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I'm terrified to buy Ts online because I don't want anything to happen to them
I can understand your worry. Unless you have better local people than I do you'll miss out on a lot of good Ts by not buying online.

ediblepain

Arachnosquire
I ordered some slings for the first time, and they arrived today! I was going to have them shipped last week, but the seller suggested we wait a week for nice, stable temps. I said "sure!" because they are the people with tons of experience. Everyone arrived happy, healthy, and adorable. They even sent a freebie.