shipping-where to find cold packs

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I need to locate a couple cold packs for a shipment next week. Is there any place besides online I can find some? Maybe a army navy surplus store?

or can I use the kind that has the gel in it and you freeze? Its a small order going overnight.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I need to locate a couple cold packs for a shipment next week. Is there any place besides online I can find some? Maybe a army navy surplus store?

or can I use the kind that has the gel in it and you freeze? Its a small order going overnight.
you can use water jell and a ziplock bag. put the jell in the bag , evacuate the air, zip it up and freeze the sucker. lasts as long as the ones for lunch boxes and they have some water jell when it gets there lol and is prety cheap lol

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I actually was thinking just that LOL, I have like 5 pounds of dry water crystals and a seal-a-meal.
I'll make one up tomorrow, pack into a box with insulation and see how long it stays cold. I'd hate to cook my little slings or freeze them.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
wal-mart...lol they seem to have everything
Guess ill have to try somewhere else. There is not a walmart for well many many miles. Every city here refuses to let them build here.

Water crystals huh I might have to try that great idea!

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Guess ill have to try somewhere else. There is not a walmart for well many many miles. Every city here refuses to let them build here.

Water crystals huh I might have to try that great idea!
maybe i should take pix of the assembly of this complicated item and submit it as an article lol

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
I actually was thinking just that LOL, I have like 5 pounds of dry water crystals and a seal-a-meal.
I'll make one up tomorrow, pack into a box with insulation and see how long it stays cold. I'd hate to cook my little slings or freeze them.
THEN YOU ARE SET !!
That is all I'd use as well.
Very safe chemically and useful for the end user.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
THEN YOU ARE SET !!
That is all I'd use as well.
Very safe chemically and useful for the end user.
man that is the hotest gal on farscape ...prob TV for that matter , even hotter than Zev on the Lex lol

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Kmart, walmart, target. all sell something resembling cold packs i nthe camping section. Cheap too, and reuseable if you can talk your customer into sending it back to you {D