shipping t's

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was wanting to order a few t's from swifts but I was wondering if it would be ok to send it by the ups ground or if i should fork up the money for the air delivery

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
UPS

Go to UPS.com, then click on "Calculate Delivery Time" under "Quick Links," then click on "UPS Ground Maps" on the left of the screen, enter your zip code and click submit, then it will show you delivery lead-times to your zip code for the entire US.

Dario

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I always find it best to pay for the overnight shipping, it is worth the money to get the peace of mind.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i broke in and paid for the overnight the freebie makes up for the extra money

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm not sure how Kelly is, but most places will only guarantee live arrival if you have them shipped overnight. It is best to do it that way. If you decide to go a slower route, and they arrive dead, you may be SOL.

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
SpiderTwin is right, kelly will only guarantee live arival if you spring for the overnight shipping. It is up to you though, I wouldn't dream of having them shipped any other way, some people use the "is the spider worth it" method. For example if you are ordering one $10 T, is it really worth it? but if you are buying a $50 T, or a bunch of Ts, then you know it is.

I always spring for the overnight though.

Ali

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you are like me, you will just figure in the $25 shipping when you start thinking of buying another T. What I have done the last couple of times is put together an order with friends and split the shipping. If possible, don't buy just one. Try to put together an order of a few T's you want and the price of shipping won't seem so bad.

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Cost of goods

Right, you don't want freight to exceed 10% of the cost of goods, but buying T's is a unique situation. You need to get the most out of your overnight freight cost/live arrival guarantee by ordering the highest value of T's possible. Or, take a risk with a lower freight option. Mississippi to Kentuky ups ground freight standard transit time is 2 days.

For instance, if I ordered from Invertepet (same state as me), I'd go with ups ground (if I could not pick them up myself) - it would be overnight anyway, but a risk if the T's die.

It's a good idea to check with freight carriers if you're geographically close to your seller because the ground freight charges may get your T's to you overnight. Just have the seller litter the package with "fragile" warnings.

Dario

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
get this - i paid $8 for an E. campestratus sling, $28 for a B. smithi, $20 for shipping, BUT -

i got a G. aureostriatum ($23) for free. MORE than made up for the shipping. :)

excellent deal buying from swifty. very pleased. :D