shipping T's - US - UK

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Anyone know of any way of shipping T's from US to UK and vice versa?

Can this be done by any company and if so is it safe for the T's?

Also is there any legal problems with doing this?

Any links to places which can do this safely would be appreciated,

cheers,

Stu.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It can be done, but because of the paperwork and US Fish & Game inspections involved on this side of the pond, most dealers won't bother unless you're talking in the neighborhood of a $1000 worth of inverts.

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That might explain the extremely poor selection of tarantulas available in the UK in my experience. Do any UK enthusiasts know of a supplier with anything other than the most common pet species?

Even bugsdirectuk.com has sold out of every species of T it has. Oh, hang on, it seems to have sold out of everything. Odd.

Last edited:

si_sleaf

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It says on bugsdirect that they are off collecting until the end of May so only a few more days now until we see what they have come up with. Don't really like the idea of buying wild caught spiders but I suppose sometimes it's the only way you are ever going to get some of the rarer Ts into the hobby of you catch some and try to breed them.

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ahh, I see. My bad. I look forward to seeing what they come up with. Thanks.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by si_sleaf
It says on bugsdirect that they are off collecting until the end of May so only a few more days now until we see what they have come up with. Don't really like the idea of buying wild caught spiders but I suppose sometimes it's the only way you are ever going to get some of the rarer Ts into the hobby of you catch some and try to breed them.
Bear in mind "collecting" might well involve a lot of travelling to Germany and Holland where the majority of breeders are.

I'll be breeding all of my tarantulas when they mature - join the Brum Tarantulas campaign to bring down prices to affordable levels and get the rarer species bred. :D