Shipping T's to Costa Rica? Logistics

Kat Maehl

Arachnopeon
Last post for a while I swear!

I really want to order a little L. Parahybana. But I don't know how legal it is... shipping here that is.

I mean, I've had mushroom spores and syringes come through, even seeds.. but that's different. I want to go about this legally.

Looking up information about it online I find nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Advice? Articles? Experiences?

Charlie69

Arachnosquire
If you don't find the info you need on the page, maybe there's contact info, so you can ask them directly?

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
Your best bet is to find a breeder in Costa Rica. Also you don't only have to pay attention to the importlaws of your country but also exportlaws of the country you want to buy from. If you need a permit it usually costs you so much money that it isn't even worth buying from another country.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Do you want to import a species into Costa Rica, or get a species imported from Costa Rica?

Kat Maehl

Arachnopeon
Your best bet is to find a breeder in Costa Rica. Also you don't only have to pay attention to the importlaws of your country but also exportlaws of the country you want to buy from. If you need a permit it usually costs you so much money that it isn't even worth buying from another country.
There are literally no breeders that i can find at all. :(

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I want to buy a l. Parahybana and have it shipped here. :)
I'd think it is easier to buy from someone in Central or South America? For importing species in your country you'd need to contact your local customs department. :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It's not impossible.

1) IMO the first thing you have to do is to 100% know if Theraphosidae are legally to keep in Costa Rica at your house. I know, I know... seems absurd what I've just said, but not like could be at first sight (check Australia as an example, where you can't keep legally non native T's).

2) If yes, you need to contact, like others said, Costa Rica agencies/custom. A 'no' never killed anyone, at the end.

3) Just jump in the first online T's European shop, 90 out of 100 they ship even on planet Mars.