Shipping scorpions in the heat

khil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey guys, I have some Uroctonus mordax I'm looking to ship and sell. The problem is they are destined in the southwest US where it's about 100 degrees right now. I don't know if it's going to cool off any time soon, and I want to make sure my client receives the scorpions happy and healthy. Is 2 day shipping doable with ice packs? I've shipped scorpions before but not with ice packs, not sure how to approach it. Thanks!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah I'd say so. You're probably OK without the packs but better safe than sorry I guess. Another strategy is to use an oversized box, center the containers in the middle and insulate around the containers. If the PO leaves the box in the sun, it will take longer for the greater volume of space inside to warm up.

NYAN

Arachnoking
2 day is pushing it. If you did priority overnight where it arrived early in Thebes morning there would be less risk. I would wait for it to drop into the 90s though. 100+ degrees is sketchy even with cool packs.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
One time a box I sent got lost for 2 weeks and everything was fine. I don't remember the weather conditions though.