Shipping Priority

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was wondering what everyones opinon is on such inexpensive shipping. I've heard some say they've had no problems, while others would'nt use it. I can see both sides really. I'd hate to lose an order cause of the summer heat (and not get a refund), but its pretty hard to turn down $6 shipping when money is tight. ~ Rex

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was wondering what everyones opinon is on such inexpensive shipping. I've heard some say they've had no problems, while others would'nt use it. I can see both sides really. I'd hate to lose an order cause of the summer heat (and not get a refund), but its pretty hard to turn down $6 shipping when money is tight. ~ Rex
its a catch 22 mate...often times there isn't a problem, when the weather corroborates but when it doesnt, 14 more dollars seems trivial to ensure you receive healthy specimens....

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
All the orders and trades ive done are by priority!! If the person lives 3 states away or like on the east coast because im in virginia ill do it. Sometimes they can be ok depending on the packaging and stuff sometimes not because of weather. Its all your choice on what to do maybe try priority and if you get everything ok then do it again. Theres no live arrival guarantee but some people will be a good person and replace them free of charge!! :D

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Most of what I've done is with priority mail. I think shipping is luck of the draw no matter how it's shipped. Although, the longer the post office has your package the more chance that it will get abused. The temps also play a huge role in this. Also, in some areas express shipping takes 2 days. In the end I guess it's just personal preference.

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Almost all of my purchases have been with priority shipping. If you order during the right time of year and avoid temperature extremes you should be ok about 90% of the time. It's the 10% of the time that sucks. The main reason most people will not offer money back on live arrival with priority is because you never know what the post office will do. Some of my priority shipments have arrived in 1 day. Others 4-5 days. Big difference. Also depends on what you are buying. If your ordering small slings at a relatively low price, maybe a good deal. Otherwise I would stear clear of priority.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ask the person shipping how they send their Priority packages. They should be checking the 10-day forecast for your area to gauge what the temps are going to be and include cold packs accordingly. Ts in an insulated box with cold packs will get your Ts to you in fine shape. If they don't offer insulated boxes, ask that your Ts be double-boxed, which will do the same thing, with a cold pack in the same box with the T, properly partitioned, of course. Or ask that the Ts be held until you get a cool spell coming through your area.

MEXICOYA415

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I always use priority. So far so good, I haven't had any DOA's so far.