Shipping my scorpions overseas

bjjpokemon910

Arachnosquire
So long story short I am moving overseas. And I was wondering if there was a way I could bring some of my scorpions with me. If anybody knows anything about this or has experience I would greatly appreciate it

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
We need more specific than 'overseas' to be able to tell you if it's allowed. Different countries have different laws.

And even if it is, it might not be worth all the trouble.

bjjpokemon910

Arachnosquire
We need more specific than 'overseas' to be able to tell you if it's allowed. Different countries have different laws.

And even if it is, it might not be worth all the trouble.
I’m Moving to Poland. I guess I could have at least said Europe I apologize.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Not sure about the specific laws for Poland. Hopefully someone else can chime in there. It's always easy to find info about cats and dogs and stuff, but specific laws regarding animals like these are often very vague or nonexistent.

Personally, unless you have some very unique, rare species, I would opt for restarting here. Poland and the bordering countries of Germany and Czechia have the largest concentration of arachnid and other exotics keepers/breeders here in Europe, and there is free trade within the EU, so all the paperwork and extra fees might not be worth it compared to starting over. Always happy to give you some contacts.

bjjpokemon910

Arachnosquire
Not sure about the specific laws for Poland. Hopefully someone else can chime in there. It's always easy to find info about cats and dogs and stuff, but specific laws regarding animals like these are often very vague or nonexistent.

Personally, unless you have some very unique, rare species, I would opt for restarting here. Poland and the bordering countries of Germany and Czechia have the largest concentration of arachnid and other exotics keepers/breeders here in Europe, and there is free trade within the EU, so all the paperwork and extra fees might not be worth it compared to starting over. Always happy to give you some contacts.
Yeah I would love those contacts at least if I can’t figure out how to get some of them here

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Check the rules\regulations of keeping laws of inverts.
They are totally legal. What I'm not sure of and what he's asking about is the import laws.
Yeah I would love those contacts at least if I can’t figure out how to get some of them here
Some breeders I've had good experiences with;
Mark Stockmann (buthidae.eu). Largest scorpion breeder in the world based in Germany.
David and Claudia of skorpione-tityus.com (Germany)
Markus Kappes of skorpione.eu (Germany)
Max Prins on Facebook (Netherlands)

And keep an eye on Terraristik.com under category scorpions. This is where a lot of hobby breeders post their stock.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I would probably just sell your collection before moving overseas, I wold hate to have to do it because I am fond of my animals but it will be much easier to restart in a totally new country.

bjjpokemon910

Arachnosquire
They are totally legal. What I'm not sure of and what he's asking about is the import laws.

Mark Stockmann (buthidae.eu). Largest scorpion breeder in the world based in Germany.

And keep an eye on Terraristik.com under category scorpions. This is where a lot of hobby breeders post their stock.
Thank you so much man, so just to clarify In Europe yall can import theses animals throughout the continent correct? (Poland)

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Thank you so much man, so just to clarify In Europe yall can import theses animals throughout the continent correct? (Poland)
There is free trade throughout all the countries that are part of the European Union (EU), which are pretty much all countries in western Europe, and some eastern European countries. You can find the full list online. In that regard they function similarly to the US states.
Importing from non-EU countries is regulated as international trade, so very strict regulations.
Then there is Switserland, which is not part of the EU, but has trade agreements with the EU that make it quite easy to import from as well.

bjjpokemon910

Arachnosquire
Ok

ok so one more question, sorry to keep asking but you seem to be the most knowledgeable. So on Buthidae.eu does the guy only take ordera through email? Thats all I read and wasn't sure if that was the case.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Ok

ok so one more question, sorry to keep asking but you seem to be the most knowledgeable. So on Buthidae.eu does the guy only take ordera through email? Thats all I read and wasn't sure if that was the case.
Yes, simply through email.