Shipping forcing premolt?

stk5m

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got a 3.5" female p. regalis in the mail about two weeks ago and it hasn't eaten yet. The person I got this t from said that he just fed it before it went out in the mail and had molted three months earlier. My question is this: can shipping a t force it into premolt?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I got a 3.5" female p. regalis in the mail about two weeks ago and it hasn't eaten yet. The person I got this t from said that he just fed it before it went out in the mail and had molted three months earlier. My question is this: can shipping a t force it into premolt?
I don't think it does do that, but it could have just went into premolt before or during the shipment. It could still be stressed from the shipping. Though 2 weeks sounds a little long, but who knows.

syph

Arachnopeon
I have had a mantis molt during shipping and a T and a random true spider which wasnt ordered but came amonst sum laughing gas I ordered maybe coincidence but I rekon the constant darkness may induce it...dunno tho would be interesting to hear other ppls opinions.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's probably just shipping stress. It will eat once it's settled in.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Shipping causes tons of stress that takes weeks to get over sometimes. Some Ts dont ever recover (but thats a small percent). Just give her more time to settle.

stk5m

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok thanks guys. I'll try keepin her in darkness and see if that helps