Shipping charge variations?

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
i have noticed, while exploring the various online dealers, that there is a lot of variation in shipping charges. Most have the FedEx next day flat box charge of $39. However some have 45 and others as high as 60. Are these using more expensive shippers? Or are they tacking on extra fees? For me I am suspicious of the honesty of those that charge more. If it only cost 39, then too charge more reaks of price gouging.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Some sellers are charged more for shipping than others so they have to charge buyers what they were charged. It's mostly all through FedEx, but some go through things like Ship Your Reptiles (which goes through FedEx as well, but prices are a bit lower).

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Some charge just for shipping and some charge for shipping , the box and the gas to get to the post office . It depends on the shipper . If you have questions about the shipping cost then a reputable seller will take the time to explain any extra costs that they may charge . I normally wont pay a "boxing" fee but if I know that the seller has a reputation for selling very high quality Ts then I'll pay the extra simply because I know the Ts are going to be worth it .

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
The more you ship, the cheaper your FedEx rates. Some dealers charge the actual cost, some just pick a lower flat rate and then pay the difference themselves to ship long distances. $60 is not unusual for a FedEx rate. Most who charge a $39 flat rate are paying extra to ship from, say, CA to MD.

Honestly, the cheap shipping is the suspicious shipping. It's likely to be USPS.