Shipping baby scorpions?

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I can't seem to find any specific information on how to properly ship a baby scorpion. I would assume it could be done similar to the tarantula sling method with straws?

Obviously the best way can vary from person and animal size.

How do you recommend it be done?

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
@ArachnoDrew But i mean if that's the recommended method for even tiny scorps, I'll accept it. I just don't want them to die.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Same concept. I received 2i - 3i The same way. Small sling capsule (small pill capsuls) line them with paper and gently nudge them em or persuade them in. They can squeeze into a tighter space.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
YouTube Unpacking videos there is a lot more of those. So you can see how people also receive them .

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Easiest method for shipping small 2i scorps is definitely the straw method. Prepare all the straws with a couple tiny air holes in the center of the straw and use paper towel to close off 1 end
use a longer piece of paper towel that can be pulled out once they arrive to their new owner. Make sure to moisten the longer piece so the scorps can have a little moisture on their ride. Place the straws in a few layers of slightly moistened paper towels and into a bigger container. Placing them flat so the scorps aren't straight up or down. I've shipped 1000's of baby scorps this way with only a couple Doa's (of which I'm not actually sure they really did die since the buyer refused to furnish pics of the Doa's )

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
I've had tiny scorps shipped 3 ways:
The straw method: 5/5 arrived alive
The method depicted in the videos above:
3/4 survived
Another method was placing them in a small pill organizer, with a small square of paper towel in each compartment: 4/6 survived, but I should note that these scorps were in the mail 3-4 times as along as the others.

The scorpions packed in the first and second methods were easiest to unpack, with the second method being easiest. The third method was made difficult by the outside being taped closed, but this is a needed precaution, so I'm not complaining.

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
2 weeks is asking a lot. Could they survive? It's possible, but not reliably so and shouldn't be something we intentionally subject a living creature to. All 3 shipping methods are restrict to the animal being able to move freely and what animal wants to be restrained for 2 weeks? That would be like locking you in a closet that had no or only enough room for you to just turn around and stand up. Scorpions might be simple creatures, but they still deserve to be shipped in the fastest, most humane way we can.