shiping venoms snakes

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
any law aginst shiping venomos snakes acrose state borders??
am hopeing not, i want a babie ratler

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes there are laws, such as age and whether that species is legal to keep in your state. If both of those are met i think they can be shipped normally.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
wll im in tx, and im gessing thears no laws aginst it.
If you haven't even done enough research to know this part and you're GUESSING it's probably legal, you need to stay the heck AWAY FROM VENOMOUS SNAKES since you are clearly not responsible enough to have one.

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
what the hell do u think im doing now??
this is called resurche so i think u need to shut ur damn mouth.
just becus im gessing its legal dosent mean im going to do it, infact i wasnt going to do it tell i knew for sure.
just 2 min ago i got off the phone and found out shiping throu usps is illegal, but am still reasurching on fedex ect.

lostriverdoc

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
From what I have found on other web sights, Delta Dash is the only way to ship venemous snakes.Venemous reptiles can not be shipped through the P.O. or any other ground carrier, they have to fly. If your buying from a dealer, they will have the necessary permits to ship.Check your state to see if you need any permits to own venemous snakes as most States restrict the import of non-native species.Here in Arizona it is OK to own rattlers, but you have to catch them yourself of they have to be a gift from someone. In this State you can not buy, sell or ship across State lines native species of certain reptiles

Last edited:

Avic_Addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what the hell do u think im doing now??
this is called resurche so i think u need to shut ur damn mouth.
QUOTE]

There is no need to be so rude. Mushroom Spore had a valid point and was speaking with the welfare of the animal foremost, as there are far too many people that obtain these snakes without bothering to do the correct research, and the animals eventually suffer for it.

Considering your young age you would be well advised to take on board advice and comments from others, who can share their experience and expertise with you, rather than firing back at valid points in such an appalingly rude way.

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thear was a site i had found that had a list of what was legal to own, what u needed a licsence to won, and what u cant own at all.
unless it was badly ouydated, then its right
allso this guy near me owns lots of venomis snakes, hes got this realy wonderfull cobra.

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just because some guy near you has hots does not mean its legal. I'd say call a dealer and they should be able to tell you what you need to know.
~Samuel

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
thear was a site i had found that had a list of what was legal to own, what u needed a licsence to won, and what u cant own at all.
unless it was badly ouydated, then its right
allso this guy near me owns lots of venomis snakes, hes got this realy wonderfull cobra.

Have you checked to see if its outdated? Why dont you post the link to it up here.

SPJ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No ifs, and, or buts about it.
It is 100% ILLEGAL to ship venemous snakes via USPS, Fed Ex, DHL and UPS.

The ONLY way to ship is via the airlines and the only way to get the airlines to ship a venemous snake for you is to be an APPROVED shipper.

Do not ship a hot and endanger lives of unsuspecting people and ruin what myself and others strive to protect. Our ability to keep exotics is threatened every time someone does something illegal and in this case, just plain stupid. Why in the world would you think that putting a potentially deadly snake in a cardboard box and giving it to a Fed ex driver is OK?

Unless you know how to properly crate and label a hot for shipping and are an approved shipper via the airlines do not even think of shipping a hot.

For what it's worth, NO snakes (harmless or hot) can be shipped via USPS and the other carriers will only ship if you have a live reptile shipping account with them.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Isn't there something called the Lacy act where you have to clearly state what type of snake you are shipping and wether it is hot or no?

One other shipping question if it is illegal to ship any snake via main mail carrier than how do you get them delivered to your door? Or do you have to go pick therm up?

Sorry for the thread hijack.

lostriverdoc

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
From what I understand, they ship to your nearest airport and you have to go there to pick them up.

SPJ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The lacey act means that you need to label the box with the contents.

For hots, you need to use a wooden crate, secure the animal inside, label the outside with the scientific and common names, and be approved by the airline.
Without approval, they will not take the snake.

For non venemous, you need to get a waiver from the shipping company. I have a live reptile shipping account thru Fed Ex. In order to get that status, I needed to fill out the paperwork and send a test box for evaluation. Basically send them a packed box exactly like I would ship but minus the snake. Once the box passes testing, you recieve a waiver from them allowing you to ship snakes. You still need to label the box accordingly.

Approved airline shipping is picked up at the cargo desk at the airport.

Approved overnight shipping (like with Fed Ex) will be delivered to your door or can be picked up at the hub.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Its also illegal to ship venomous invertebrates such as Tarantulas and Scorpions via the USPS, but that doesn't stop every single person on this website from doing it.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Its also illegal to ship venomous invertebrates such as Tarantulas and Scorpions via the USPS, but that doesn't stop every single person on this website from doing it.
Yes but a majority of the inverts shipped are not going to kill anyone. While some deadly inverts are shipped I think its relativily low and escapes are not as proable, than with with snakes.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
While that may be true...its still illegal. Why is it acceptable to ship a Deathstalker but not a Copperhead? Could it be because the invert world is too cheap to spring for legal shipping? Me thinks its something along those lines.

If you don't believe me....put up an ad for some inverts here....then try to charge $40-60 for overnight shipping and see how many prospective buyers you get.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you haven't even done enough research to know this part and you're GUESSING it's probably legal, you need to stay the heck AWAY FROM VENOMOUS SNAKES since you are clearly not responsible enough to have one.
wow...from one post you can determine what kind of person someone is...impressive skills. you should hit up the FBI for a job! {D