She's here, she's here!!

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
Gawd!
Waited for this lil' bug since December now.
I just let her move in and so far I struggle to keep my eyes off of her, she's totes adorbs n' all dat! :D
(And I'm happy like a puppy!)

I know, I know, "no pics, no clicks."

A. geniculata

Last edited:

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A genic? Wait till that thing is like 8" and freshly molted. Very stunning!
This species is always fun to look at

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
A genic? Wait till that thing is like 8" and freshly molted. Very stunning!
This species is always fun to look at
Yeah I can't wait. My pulchra doesn't exactly hurry with growing, so I'm glad I got something that grows like it would eat nuclear waste. :D
At least I hope she will!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My old girl had very significant size increases with each molt. If i remember right she was around 8.5" when i traded her, which i kind of regretted. I have molt photos on here somewhere unless theyve been deleted over time

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
Aww, poor thing, she's in what I'd describe as a stress curl for a few hours now. Also didn't move around at all, just sitting there, all stressed out.
Poor thing, I wish I could just tell her it's alright. :(

Leila

Arachnobaron
Aww, poor thing, she's in what I'd describe as a stress curl for a few hours now. Also didn't move around at all, just sitting there, all stressed out.
Poor thing, I wish I could just tell her it's alright. :(
No worries though :embarrassed: She will get settled in soon. ::hugs::

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
Mine has just started getting bands...I've been trying to get it to molt to at least 3/4". I will end up breeding this sp when mine matures ^_^

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
Update!
She went out of the stress curl last night and happily accepted her first meal (under my care) today, which I observed and filmed with much awe.
I noticed that she isn't plump at all, especially for a sling so I thought "why not?" and tossed another one in. Snatched it right away, watching her munching on it right now.
Oh and I was surprised to see her perform what I'd call the "dance of prey", you know, where they Web the floor and move in circles etc.
Never seen that with my pulchra!

I start to suspect my pulchra is unaware of her being a spider, I swear she doesn't know she can Web!
She literally forgot how to spider! o_O

Well, as long as she doesn't identify as a sloth, I won't judge.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
Update!
She went out of the stress curl last night and happily accepted her first meal (under my care) today, which I observed and filmed with much awe.
I noticed that she isn't plump at all, especially for a sling so I thought "why not?" and tossed another one in. Snatched it right away, watching her munching on it right now.
Oh and I was surprised to see her perform what I'd call the "dance of prey", you know, where they Web the floor and move in circles etc.

I start to suspect my pulchra is unaware of her being a spider, I swear she doesn't know she can Web!
She literally forgot how to spider! o_O

Well, as long as she doesn't identify as a sloth, I won't judge.
Mine does the "Happy Dance" every single time she gets food. Here is a vid I caught of mine.

smitje

Arachnosquire

She literally forgot how to spider! o_O.
Gramostola pulchra is not your average spider. They drink beer, watch TV and are into kinky stuff. I have spiders and "zwarte Nel", Black Nellie, is something else..... trust me :)