Shelving unit pictures

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
I am planning on doing a shelving unit for invertebrates and my 20 (in the future prehaps 50 gallon breeder) tank. Anyways any suggestions? Any examples?

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
I mean like habitat enclosures on the racks. Like how do you hear them all or stuff?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Not sure if what I have is what you mean (or what hearing them has to do with anything ;)), nut that is my setup. Found the piece left out near my local dumpster. Spruced it up and cleaned it, holds up well. As for keeping them organized, I like to do very tall enclosures near the back and progressively get shorter and shorter so I can see everything. Also, stacking the cages helps save space as well. The inverts don't mind and I can see them all clearly that way as well :D I'm sure others have custom made elaborate and beautiful setups, but that's just my way to set up all my inverts on my shelf. Nothing complicated, just stacking and good sight lines.

Attachments

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
Yea I was hoping to house quite some tarantulas, centipedes, exotic millipedes, african fighter crickets, mantids and an aquarium. And a dubia roach colony as a primary food source.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
I use these! Adjustable wire rack assemblies. ;)
Be creative in your design. What works for others may not work for you.
I use the same racks but the wider versions, I don't think that you could get any better than this!

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
I use the same racks but the wider versions, I don't think that you could get any better than this!
Just depends on how you set things up and space availability. I've seen some great looking bookshelf units that were modified with lockable doors.
I have a set of comercial units, one unassembled, that are 66"X48"X24". 300 pound rated shelves. Previous post are 72"X36"X18" with 250 pound rated shelves, bought at Aldi store. They were cheap and powder coated instead of chrome plated, look more attractive. IMO.
I use a small fan, on variable timer, to simulate a breeze and aids in keeping the whole room at a more even temperature. Biggest reason I use wire type shelf units, allows a better air flow, versus solid shelving. ;)

Attachments