Shed(ded?) exo's

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How long can they stay in the cage with the T, without high risk for ill effects? My brother who kept my avic avic when she molted and the months following didn't remove it, and neither has she (Shadow), and now the old exoskeleton is a part of her web.

Would it really be best to tear her web apart to take it out? I'm kinda worried about small things attracted by it, but then again so far seems so good.

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Vys
How long can they stay in the cage with the T, without high risk for ill effects? My brother who kept my avic avic when she molted and the months following didn't remove it, and neither has she (Shadow), and now the old exoskeleton is a part of her web.

Would it really be best to tear her web apart to take it out? I'm kinda worried about small things attracted by it, but then again so far seems so good.
I have never bothered to remove them from a lot of my Avic vivaria, especially when removing them would mean damaging the spider's tube web. I've never seen any ill effects as a result, apart from the slightly untidy appearance it gives the vivarium!

Joy

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Theoretically it could mould -- but then if the conditions are favourable for mould, I'd be more worried about dead crickets etc. I tend to remove mine, but occasionaly they come out far from complete -- parts of the limbs will get stuck in the webbing/substrate etc. I don't worry about it.

Cheers,
Dave