She Molted!

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello All!

I have a G rosea that is a total sweetheart. I had to go on a trip and leave her in the care of my wife. I knew she was in premolt and I was certain that she would molt before I got back.:(

Anyway she waited for me:D I came home and found her upside down and watched the whole thing. It was amazing! You could not pull me away from the cage with a tractor!

I don't know how many of you have had the chance to watch a molt from start to finish but it is one of the most amazing things you will ever see.

Thanks for all of you helpfull information Scott. Tha molt went off without a hitch.

-Charlie

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I compare it to seeing your kids take their first step or say their first word. It really is a special thing to see.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It never gets old either. I have seen a million molts and i like it every time. i am disappointed when they do it at night while I am sleeping.

gilly2k

Arachnopeon
ive seen 3 of my rossa's molt, 2 all the way through and its jus the weirdest thing but the feeling of fulfillment that ur feedin over the last 12 months etc.. has paid off

(the skins are quite cool as i found that by leaving them near my door a lot of people stay away, this is great when u dont want visiters).

My rossa's in pre molt right now so ill see it again soon.

Gilly2k

=D =D =D =D =D =D =D

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by gilly2k
(the skins are quite cool as i found that by leaving them near my door a lot of people stay away, this is great when u dont want visiters).
Congrats to charlie on the recent molts! And gilly2k, I was thinking about doing the same thing.. But nothing happens to the molted exoskeletons if you just leave them there?

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Watching a tarantula molt is a trip. Its a real highlite of T. ownership. Amazing.

Ernie