She loves me - M. lambertoni :D

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Just thought I would share a short video of one of my M. lambertoni singing to me .. well, stridulating :kiss::D

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha... what's not to love?? At this point mine is more on the "pet rock" side of the spectrum than crazy defensive and usually doesn't even react when I'm dealing with the water dish or spot cleaning. But she's certainly had her moments like this! Kind of makes sense, though... if a giant creature is focusing on you with unknown intentions its probably right to treat it as a life or death encounter and defend yourself accordingly.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Are the stridulatory hairs on the chelicerae or the legs? I would guess the chelicerae, since her palps are barely touching the legs

keks

Arachnobaron
Fascinating! Everything. The tarantula itself, the sound, the behavior ... :wideyed: . I never had the idea, to search videos for that :zipit:.

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
Are the stridulatory hairs on the chelicerae or the legs? I would guess the chelicerae, since her palps are barely touching the legs
They actually stridulate by rubbing their hind legs together, as you can see in the video. These legs have special bristles. :)

Xafron

Arachnosquire
I'm just picturing how funny it would be to open your window at night, and there below you is a T on the ground trying to "serenade" you.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
They actually stridulate by rubbing their hind legs together, as you can see in the video. These legs have special bristles. :)
The stridulating bristles/organs of this species are found at the base of palp (outer) and the base of leg 1 (inner) you can see them in the video.

Thats also why the more defensive of this species often has a lack of setae around the chelicerae due to it rubbing off when stridulating while fangs shown.

Last edited: