She finally got me....

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My extra fat Chilean rose somehow knocked her plastic sour cream bowl hideout over today, and being the smart person I am, I reached in without hesitating to fix it. She was on the totally opposite corner of her cage when I reached in, but as I turned her hideout to the correct position, she decided that she didn't want me messing with her cage. She slowly walked over to when her hide is and sink her fangs directly into my thumb. I think it is time to invest in a good pair of tongs. What a good weekend this has been. First I stab myself accidentally with an ice pick, then I get bit by a tarantula. I wonder what's next?

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by pategirl
My extra fat Chilean rose somehow knocked her plastic sour cream bowl hideout over today, and being the smart person I am, I reached in without hesitating to fix it. She was on the totally opposite corner of her cage when I reached in, but as I turned her hideout to the correct position, she decided that she didn't want me messing with her cage. She slowly walked over to when her hide is and sink her fangs directly into my thumb. I think it is time to invest in a good pair of tongs. What a good weekend this has been. First I stab myself accidentally with an ice pick, then I get bit by a tarantula. I wonder what's next?
ouch! are you going to add to the bite report on this site?
Ed

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I plan on it....it's going to look really nice to post a second Chilean rose bite report, though. I think the rosie above had it in for me for a while.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Moonbeam has given me a few warning presses when she's been comfortable and warm and happy on my hand and I've tried to coax her back into her viv.
When she's comfy, she doesn't like to go back in and will press her fangs just enough to dimple to warn you. When she's done relaxing she gets up and I let her walk back down my hand and into her viv.

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You sure she is a rosea? I have a couple roseas and they have never ever did anything remotely close to showing off what they can do with their fangs.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Lets start getting some pics of bite wounds on the site. Maybe the swelling of bites can give a good indication of the toxicity of the differents species' venom.

Jon

NorthwestInverts

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lam,

I totally believe her when she says her rosea bit her, In general G. rosea is normally docile, but like anything else there are exceptions of course. I have had a couple of rosea exceptions myself over the years, and although by working with them I was able to calm them down most of the time, they would still sometimes come straight at me with no fear and readily bite. But to these 2 "defensive" rosea's that I had, I have handled hundreds of other roseas with no problems.

Dean

Last edited:

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
Lets start getting some pics of bite wounds on the site. Maybe the swelling of bites can give a good indication of the toxicity of the differents species' venom.

Jon
I don't think that will give a good indication. Some peoples reactions on venom are much more clear then other peoples. When you are a little bit allergic for it, and you get a huge swelling, most likely you will think that venom is extremely toxic. But when somebody else will get bitten, it will show nothing.

Hope this explains my point a little :)

Ðennis

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
hands down my rosey is a beast i have posted this before im more afraid of him then my other t's.