she didnt make it... stuck in her molt...*pics*

hermzxd45

Arachnopeon
i just got home from work and just checked my juvie b. albopilosum shes still stuck in her molt... and right now shes gone no movement whatsoever... she'll be missed...

Last edited:

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
My worst fear as a T owner.I have an A.brocuhursti that appeared to be stuck in it's molt and didn't move for at least an hour,so I turned up the heat on him and he found reserve energy and freed himself.Sorry for your loss,just make sure it's really done trying before you give up.:(

Caramell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You flipped her onto her back and she flipped back over again? :confused::?
What really happened?

hermzxd45

Arachnopeon
at first she was trying to do an upright molt... but then only one of her back legs came out... i can tell that the position she was in i knew she coudlnt do it, her legs were curled under her...so then right before i had to go to work i decided to flip her... and until now shes still stuck...

Tokendog

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Usually it's best to let them do this on their own, so in the future, try to avoid touching or bothering them when they are molting. All you should do is ensure they have moisture so that the old skin comes off easier.

I'd attempt to mist VERY VERY lightly and not directly on the spider, but mist lightly around her - OR better yet, softly pick up her container and put her in the bathroom.

Then take a nice warm shower, a long one, ten to fifteen minutes or so, to raise the humidity in the bathroom as much as possible. You should see the mirror fog up and have moisture on the mirror.

Then leave her in there with the moisture trapped in the bathroom and see if that helps her free herself.

I've seen Ts seem stuck for a day or two and then suddenly break free. The T is sometimes just taking a rest from the strain of trying to free itself of its old skin.

Just my advice - hopefully she's OK.

PS. You don't actually have to take a shower, but you get my point. You want a lot of humidity and a hot shower in a closed bathroom is a great way to make it tropical for your T.