She came out!!

NatalieMK

Arachnopeon
Alas! Our juvie avicularia versicolor emerged from her burrow.. un-molted.. still... she was in there for three weeks refusing food.. we were really hoping she would molt. But nope She ate and is being active now..I'm not sure if this is normal? Why was she hiding in her burrow for a month? I just don't get it. Our Avicularia amazonica has been out and very very active, we have even handled her many times. We cleaned out the versi's terrarium tonight so I hope she doesn't build another burrow and disappear for a another month. At least not until she molts.

any comments on this strange behavior would be great.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How often are you cleaning? That might be a part of the issue.

IMO Ts will do what they do; there is nothing you can do to change that. The best thing is to just leave them alone because they know what they're doing.

Ts will fast when stressed and some species (G. rosea comes to mind)will fast just because they want to be different. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason.

If it has a hide, correct humidity and temperature, its not being disturbed and its not too bright/constantly changing light conditions I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.

NatalieMK

Arachnopeon
This is our first time cleaning out her terrarium. She has regular lighting. We do look at her with a flashlight once in a while.. could that have an effect on her?